Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   5/10 NL SH--chip spewing? (deep stacks) (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=387735)

flawless_victory 11-29-2005 05:33 PM

Re: 5/10 NL SH--chip spewing? (deep stacks)

PF call is naaaasty... thats too expensive.
postflop i like it all.

tdarko 11-29-2005 05:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
i figured you would chime in with that. if you thought that was bad you should have seen some of the other PF calls [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img].

captZEEbo1 11-29-2005 05:42 PM

I bet a big pair looks you up here

flawless_victory 11-29-2005 06:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
i figured you would chime in with that.

[/ QUOTE ]
hmmm, really?
im quite a bit looser than the average 2P2er, i think...

creedofhubris 11-29-2005 07:08 PM

Stacks are big enough that you can call the preflop rr if you choose. But your plan is now to flop big or fold. The first time he reraises, treat it like it really is QQ-AA.

Easiest is to throw it away preflop. Take a long time though before you do it, so they think you're tossing good cards.

Given that you called preflop, fold flop.

TheWorstPlayer 11-29-2005 07:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Stacks are big enough that you can call the preflop rr if you choose. But your plan is now to flop big or fold.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't see how these can both be correct. You aren't getting odds to outflop AA-QQ.

GimmeDaWatch 11-29-2005 07:51 PM

so against a tightie why not make a loose call on a connected flop to see what happens with a deep stack?

[/ QUOTE ]

Cuz tighty don't trust you and tighty dont wanna fold his overpair.

creedofhubris 11-29-2005 08:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Stacks are big enough that you can call the preflop rr if you choose. But your plan is now to flop big or fold.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't see how these can both be correct. You aren't getting odds to outflop AA-QQ.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice deep stacks, we have 20:1 implied odds. I could be wrong, but I think we have at least a 5% chance of outflopping a big pair.

I would also count a flush draw or OESD as flopping big. Certainly we have a fair chance of flopping one of those.

TheWorstPlayer 11-29-2005 09:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice deep stacks, we have 20:1 implied odds. I could be wrong, but I think we have at least a 5% chance of outflopping a big pair.

I would also count a flush draw or OESD as flopping big. Certainly we have a fair chance of flopping one of those.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sometimes you flop something nice and lose. Are you factoring that in? With this hand I think you should want to see better than 20:1 and you aren't. I would also want to know he is a tight re-raiser and that he will pay me off postflop. Against someone who is not known to take a big pair way too far postflop I think you had better either be able to steal postflop to augment your EV occasionally or you had better fold preflop.

Allinlife 11-29-2005 10:05 PM

anyone else like a smaller raise over push? I think it may yield higher folding equity