Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   J6s -- play along with me (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=387535)

BoxLiquid 11-29-2005 12:54 PM

Re: J6s -- play along with me

In the sb I fold. If it's 2/3 blind structure I don't think it's that big of a mistake to call if you feel you can get paid off huge with a made hand. Or is it not?

callydrias 11-29-2005 01:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In the sb I fold. If it's 2/3 blind structure I don't think it's that big of a mistake to call if you feel you can get paid off huge with a made hand. Or is it not?

[/ QUOTE ]

First to act after the flop with a "stereotypically aggressive" BB and a "maniac LAG" on your left? I think it is that big of a mistake.

BoxLiquid 11-29-2005 01:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

First to act after the flop with a "stereotypically aggressive" BB and a "maniac LAG" on your left? I think it is that big of a mistake.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok I see your point. Folding is more than right.

Analyst 11-29-2005 01:22 PM

Easy fold, right? Let's see - EP has essentially a random hand, MP didn't raise (though that may not mean much for a fish), figure BB comes along with an OK hand. In a 2/3 blind structure, you're getting 5:1. Let's assume the following:

EP - any two
MP - any pair, any Ace, any 2 broadway, any K/Q/J suited (this may be too narrow a range, but should be close)
you - J6 spades
BB - any pair, any Ace, any 2 broadway, any connector, any suited connector or 1-gapper, K9s, Q9s

Per PokerStove, you have about 22% equity which argues strongly for a call, especially since you can outplay 'em post flop. Certainly, for your last chips you need to call. Yes, you are out of position but might be able to use it to your advantage. If you hit the flop, bet out and make the BB worry about being raised by the maniac; make MP face 2 cold.

It . . . could . . . work! (But I'd probably fold anyway)

onegymrat 11-29-2005 02:26 PM

Hi Joker,
[ QUOTE ]
BB - unknown, just came over from a broken game, looks stereotypically aggressive

[/ QUOTE ]Hmm...I'm going with an Asian Male, mid-forties, hasn't washed his hair for two days, drinking a Bud Light?

Entity 11-29-2005 02:31 PM

It's awfully hard for me to play along postflop when my cards are in the muck, but I'll do what I can.

jason_t 11-29-2005 02:45 PM

At the risk of persisting my nit image, I'd fold here.

Entity 11-29-2005 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
At the risk of persisting my nit image, I'd fold here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nit.

Chris Daddy Cool 11-29-2005 03:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's awfully hard for me to play along postflop when my cards are in the muck, but I'll do what I can.

[/ QUOTE ]

ni han ni hand

PokerBob 11-29-2005 03:14 PM

i ditch this preflop pretty easily.