Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   PSP vs Nintendo DS (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=387075)

Jorge10 11-28-2005 09:14 PM

Re: PSP vs Nintendo DS

The real question to ask is this: Does he have an ipod?

If he has an ipod the PSP is worthless and you should get him a DS because the PSP doesnt have any games.

Edit: My little nephew uses the PSP to listen to music because he doesnt like any of the games, but he doesnt have an ipod so it works out.

waffle 11-28-2005 09:23 PM

DS. It's cheaper and the game lineup is better:

Mario Kart, Castlevania, Advance wars = All engrossing games that match any console experience

Meteos, Metroid Prime Pinball, Wario ware = good pick up and go games

Coming in a bit: Metroid Prime Hunters, Animal Crossing, Mario and Luigi 2, FF III.

There's also a bunch of games that aren't A+ but are still fun.

The PSP is more expensive and has Lumines, GTA, and Wipeout/Ridge Racer. Nintendo has done a really good job at rounding out their library for the DS.

garion888 11-28-2005 11:16 PM

I voted PSP because I have one and there is one good thing about it...homebrew. People have written emulators that allow you to play every SNES game there ever was on the PSP. Same goes for Gameboy Color, Genesis, etc. People also write their own software and some of it is pretty damn impressive(the new DDR clone).

-J

1C5 11-29-2005 11:56 PM

I just don't use it much but maybe with Mario Kart (great game) and FF3, I may use it more.

11-30-2005 12:34 AM

yeah, wifi is the [censored]... kinda literally, as I beat my cousin who lives in austin senseless at mario kart, while on the pooper.

psp hardware is glitchy, and all the damn games are remakes.

the ds however is garnering nintendo 3rd-party support it hasnt had since the snes.... watch out for the revolution.

toss 11-30-2005 01:11 AM

Sure the PSP has a lot of neat features and that home brew stuff (they were able to somehow boot an earlier version of Macintosh OS), but its all about the games man. The DS has so many good games.

Mario Kart
Wario Ware
Kirby Canvas Curse
Mario and Luigi
Advance Wars
Trauma Center

astroglide 11-30-2005 01:23 AM

castlevania: dawn of sorrow is disgustingly good. best game i've played in ages.

meteos is great too.

11-30-2005 01:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
castlevania: dawn of sorrow is disgustingly good. best game i've played in ages.

meteos is great too.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, I was kinda feeling like a career change, not wanting to break into an industry which feels like it's lost its ability to create, and give you that visceral experience only a videogame can...

and then I played castlevania. wow.

afterwards I finished my gravity module for an fps game. decidedly less wow.

MarkSummers 11-30-2005 01:29 AM

at first I didn't really undrestand meteos. Then I got it and I was hooked. Too bad you can't play that over WiFi [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

11-30-2005 01:31 AM

btw, yall all know that when the rev comes out, you'll be able to upload NES and SNES games onto your DS and play them, right?