Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   My gambler friend thinks online poker is boring (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=387039)

emonrad87 11-28-2005 11:04 PM

Re: My gambler friend thinks online poker is boring

Online poker IS extremely boring.

ckmo 11-28-2005 11:43 PM

not sure what you're looking for here...why attempt to force the guy to change his opinion. If he doesn't like it, he doesn't like it.

jba 11-28-2005 11:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
your friend is right

[/ QUOTE ]

MexKrax 11-28-2005 11:54 PM

I happen to think online poker is a lot of fun, and it's provided a very nice second income for me. If your friend is getting bored waiting for playable hands tell him about multi-tabling. Playing 4 tables there's a lot less time waiting for a good hand. Then again if he's not interested why push this issue? It's not like we really need another multi-tabling TAG playing online.

11-28-2005 11:56 PM

It is more boring than video poker. Even multi-tabling you can not approach the 1000-1200 hands/hour that a good video poker player cranks out. And if your friend truly knows what he is doing with vp, I'm not sure I'd call him a gambler.

DarthIgnurnt 11-28-2005 11:58 PM

First, he's right ... it is boring.

Compared to what though? Betting $10MM in video poker to grind out 100 grand in 2 years?

Yikes.

Uglyowl 11-29-2005 01:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm only making about $4 per hour at Party 0.50/1. I've tried to explain how interesting it is to me, and that my current play is educational and could pay off in the future with $50-100+/hr earnings at higher limits when I get good enough.

[/ QUOTE ]

Getting a little ahead of ourselves?

Newt_Buggs 11-29-2005 01:25 AM

add tables

11-29-2005 01:49 AM

ya it is kinda boring but im addicted.

and 4/hr in .5/1 NL?????? damn... thats kinda low.. add more tables.

CountDuckula 11-29-2005 02:13 AM

Well, it is. If you're playing it right, you're folding most of your hands without a fight. If you like action, poker may not be your favorite game.

It's a matter of taste; many people find chess boring, whereas I'm happy to spend a weekend playing a tournament (and that's usually 4-6 games). I like the strategy of both chess and poker, others just aren't that interested.

-Mike