Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Bottom set facing a 4-bet vs Donk (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=386899)

Hoopster81 11-28-2005 05:35 PM

Re: Bottom set facing a 4-bet vs Donk

You say bad pre-flop, but what VPIP/PFR are we looking at here. This is needed to know how much more likely KT/K4/T4 is than KK/TT.

Hoopster81 11-28-2005 05:39 PM

But pretty much regardless, I am calling that raise and raising all-in on the turn.

11-28-2005 06:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But pretty much regardless, I am calling that raise and raising all-in on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

11-28-2005 06:32 PM

I think your standard donk will slow play a set with this board. I'd push since most donks assume that everyone else slow-plays big hands on the flop as well. If I lose to set over set it just wasn't my day.

trojanrabbit 11-28-2005 07:01 PM

Anyone else raise $3 preflop here? This is essentially 3-handed and I think a raise is in order.

MTBlue 11-28-2005 07:35 PM

I'm pushing here 100% of the time. You'll see KT here most of the time. There are 9 combinations of KT and 3 combination of TT so its 3:1 he has KT. Most people will use the same action with KT and TT and KT is a ton more likely.

zaphod 11-28-2005 09:07 PM

I would call, and try to raise him all in on the turn.
I think his most likely hand are kt. k4 are also possible or even t4?, but i doubt he has tt.
If i raise on the flop even a donk might wake up and realise that his kt is not the nuts. If we give him one more chance to put some money in the pot, I think it will be hard for him to fold to a raise on the turn.

11-28-2005 09:11 PM

im puting it in here, the more cards he sees the more you need to worry about.. and someone having a better set on the flop than you is a rare thing, and you will lose a lot of value if you fold even one hand that you're not absolutely POSITIVE he has a better set.. im pushing here all day long. he probably got over excited with K-10 or even K-4 which would leave you drawing to no outs, but has him in a VERY tough spot.

11-28-2005 09:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone else raise $3 preflop here? This is essentially 3-handed and I think a raise is in order.

[/ QUOTE ]

Raise to $3 in a $3 pot from the BB? If I am raising this at all, it will be to at least $5, but checking is much much better IMO. This is a cash game, not a tournament.

ajmargarine 11-28-2005 09:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I think his most likely hand are kt. k4 are also possible or even t4?, but i doubt he has tt.

[/ QUOTE ]

He had TT. And we got it all in the middle. And I couldn't hit my one-outter. Set over set, meh, no biggie, happens. What extra-sucked was this was my last hand of the night before this game broke up at 3:00am. I was quitting 1/2 hour earlier but this guy was itching to give his chips to someone and I was hoping it would be to me. I only played for a few hours last nite so this hand pretty much nullified my profit for the day as well, as I was up a buy-in for the day when this happened.