Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   pokerstars (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=386835)

TheWorstPlayer 11-28-2005 02:55 PM

Re: pokerstars

Check/call the river is probably better. The way "he" played it you can probably safely fold to the river raise, I kid you not. Also, just because you are playing .5/1 with 80bb doesn't mean you have to pretend it was a friend playing the hand.

GrunchCan 11-28-2005 02:59 PM

If the river bet was a blocking bet, why call the raise?

Incidentally, if the bet was indeed a blocking bet, it was too small, I think. Based on how he played the ret of the hand, it should probably be 1/2-3/4 pot to be effective as a blocking bet. Therefore I'd probably prefer to check-call the river. If I could use a smaller blocking bet effectively, I'd do that. Here, I don't think Hero can.

KowCiller 11-28-2005 03:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I would prefer to check the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah.. betting 9 into 25 doesn't really accomplish anything

[/ QUOTE ]

That's funny. I think it accomplishes a ton, if he was going for a weak bet to induce a bluff raise. It's so opponent dependant and not a lot of people in SSNL use that maneuver.

As a default against an unknown, check-call is better. Against a player capable of pouncing on weak bets, I love his line.

KoW

BobboFitos 11-28-2005 03:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Check/call the river is probably better. The way "he" played it you can probably safely fold to the river raise, I kid you not. Also, just because you are playing .5/1 with 80bb doesn't mean you have to pretend it was a friend playing the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

"he" is mightymouse here on 2p2. I dont know wh yhe didnt have full stack.

TheWorstPlayer 11-28-2005 03:09 PM

I've long suspected BobboFitos=MightMouse.

GrunchCan 11-28-2005 03:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think it accomplishes a ton, if he was going for a weak bet to induce a bluff raise. It's so opponent dependant and not a lot of people in SSNL use that maneuver.

[/ QUOTE ]

As you say, it's very opponent-dependant. But I like the idea behind it. In this case since we were given no reads, I can't see recommending trying to induce here.

KowCiller 11-28-2005 03:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think it accomplishes a ton, if he was going for a weak bet to induce a bluff raise. It's so opponent dependant and not a lot of people in SSNL use that maneuver.

[/ QUOTE ]

As you say, it's very opponent-dependant. But I like the idea behind it. In this case since we were given no reads, I can't see recommending trying to induce here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya any reads at all would help. Clearly as stated check-call is better against an unknown.

Some reason I felt like he was trying to induce a bluff raise (based solely on reading the HH) and I was surprised no one brought it up yet (people even went so far as saying it didn't accomplish anything!).

KoW

BobboFitos 11-28-2005 03:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've long suspected BobboFitos=MightMouse.

[/ QUOTE ]

hah, nope. sign on aim buddy

Allinlife 11-28-2005 03:40 PM

I raise pf
I like the river bet..probably gonna have to call minraise, since 89/J9 isn't too unlikely