Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Milwaukee's Best commercial (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=386673)

webmonarch 11-28-2005 10:58 AM

Re: Milwaukee\'s Best commercial

[ QUOTE ]
I have no idea how JJJJJJJustin isn't banned.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not taking a stance on the issue in this thread except for the folllowing: I do not understand why certain people on this site think that a well written post with reasonable assertations should lead to the OP's banning simply because people don't agree with what the OP says.

vexvelour 11-28-2005 11:02 AM

The funny part is that the commercials are for what me and my friends affectionately called "BIST"- aka the beast light. This is by far the wimpiest beer in existance if you don't count Michelob Ultra (shudder).

If you're going to drink the beast, make sure it's the beast and not the bist.

B Dids 11-28-2005 11:04 AM

I suggest that he should be banned based on the body of his work, most of which strikes me as that type of trolling that exists only to gather attention and annoy people, but refrains from using any of the naughty words.

Guyon 11-28-2005 11:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Stop caring about nothing. The commercials are funny, you nit.

[/ QUOTE ]

The funny aspects of these commercials come from flannel-clad men getting smashed by comically huge Milwalkee's Beast cans travelling at terminal velocities.

Any ape with discerning taste buds can determine the metallic, toiletwater nature of the Beast. No amount of marketing creativity can make their beer become any more pallatable.

vexvelour 11-28-2005 11:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Any ape with discerning taste buds can determine the metallic, toiletwater nature of the Beast.

[/ QUOTE ]

rotf. couldn't have said it better myself.

BradleyT 11-28-2005 11:34 AM

I always wonder why they don't use Miller Lite as the sponsering beer instead of the beast. Last time I had the beast was 15 years ago in HS. Used to go on sale three 12 packs for $7.

vexvelour 11-28-2005 11:39 AM

I drank a lot of the beast before I turned 21- 5 bucks got you a 12'er. I then learned of Amstel Light and Newcastle, so I'm not real sure what it goes for now that they have fancy commercials and stuff.

The first one is always hell, but then you're smooth sailing on your way to angry drunkenness.

11-28-2005 01:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
...removing excess grease from a pizza in the interest of health...

[/ QUOTE ]

If disregard for health is a sign of being manly, why are they drinking LIGHT beer? And another thing, I thought real guys didn't drink light beer. CRAPPY light beer at that. Well said.

ScottieK

jaydub 11-28-2005 01:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I always wonder why they don't use Miller Lite as the sponsering beer instead of the beast. Last time I had the beast was 15 years ago in HS. Used to go on sale three 12 packs for $7.

[/ QUOTE ]

They believe the viewers are either hs / college kids or broke degenerates. They might be right.

DrSavage 11-28-2005 01:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I have no idea how JJJJJJJustin isn't banned.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's no reason to ban him, a giant can of beer is going to fall on his head any moment now.