Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Politics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Bunch of good news from Iraq (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=386615)

MMMMMM 11-30-2005 06:58 PM

Re: Test Your Reading Comprehension On This, Cyrus

[ QUOTE ]
But I've always found his political writing virtually unreadable and indecipherable. The present citation is no exception.

So I guess I fail the reading comprehension test. What, exactly, do you think Buckley is saying here?

[/ QUOTE ]

He's just quoting another's writing;-)

Seriously, I had to look up "tendentious," "apostasis," and "apodictic" on www.dictionary.com . It was a worthwhile experience;-)

I'll say one thing: we see a great many tendentious posts on the 2+2 politics forum [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Autocratic 11-30-2005 07:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I'll say one thing: we see a great many tendentious posts on the 2+2 politics forum [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's an apodictic statement if I ever heard one.

11-30-2005 08:56 PM

Re: Bunch of good news from Iraq

I bet you are frothing at the mouth waiting for the death toll to hit 3000 so you can throw another party like you did at 2000 and 1000.

Cyrus 12-01-2005 03:26 AM

Re: The future of semi-stable democracies like \"New Iraq\"

[ QUOTE ]
"damn" US troops ??

[/ QUOTE ] Whoosh...

[ QUOTE ]
Saddam Hussein as the "best option" to hold the region together?

[/ QUOTE ] Yep. Think about it for a moment.

Washington used to rely for stability on tinpot dictators for close to fufty years. There were no moral qualms, then, as I recall.

Cyrus 12-01-2005 03:47 AM

MMMMMM\'s happy typing

[ QUOTE ]
I had to look up "tendentious," "apostasis," and "apodictic".

[/ QUOTE ] I had to look up only the first.

It's glossological, you wouldn't understand.

Cyrus 12-01-2005 03:53 AM

Proof-proof

[ QUOTE ]
That's an apodictic statement if I ever heard one.

[/ QUOTE ]
In order to make an apodictic statement, one would have to provide some apodixis, even if it's supposed to be self-evident.

MMMMMM could not provide an apodixis for his claims if his life depended on it. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Cyrus 12-01-2005 03:56 AM

Grand ol\' party

[ QUOTE ]
I bet you are ... waiting for the death toll to hit 3000 so you can throw another party like you did at 2000 and 1000.

[/ QUOTE ]
Where was that party? I was not invited.

...Oh you mean the coffin-arrival welcoming ceremonies? I thought those things were off, as being "un-patriotic"!

MMMMMM 12-01-2005 09:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Seriously, I had to look up "tendentious," "apostasis," and "apodictic" on www.dictionary.com . It was a worthwhile experience;-)

[/ QUOTE ]

Er, I meant "protasis", not "apostasis." ;-) ;-) ;-)