Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Overdrafted Checking Account (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=386123)

surfinillini 11-27-2005 01:39 PM

Re: Overdrafted Checking Account

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Bank of Cuba?

[/ QUOTE ]

What does that even mean?

-2kF

[/ QUOTE ]

wamu doesn't do that [censored], some commie must've come up with this practice...

ChipWrecked 11-27-2005 02:22 PM

You can survive out of Walmart if it has a grocery, on plastic. I've done it. Not saying I recommend it. Didn't say 'live'. But you can survive.

Sponger15SB 11-27-2005 02:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Bank of Cuba?

[/ QUOTE ]

What does that even mean?

-2kF

[/ QUOTE ]

You know what? [censored] you! How about that?

http://adorocinema.cidadeinternet.co...scarface01.jpg

yea i'm not really sure either

RacersEdge 11-27-2005 02:38 PM

What's the connection between your checking account and your credit card?? Two different account for me.

11-27-2005 02:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What's the connection between your checking account and your credit card?? Two different account for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can open up a normal credit card with my bank, and if I ever overdraft, rather than get declined/bounce checks etc, it auto charges my CC. I chose not too, because the interest rate is stupid, and I never intend on overdrafting again.

11-27-2005 02:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure he meant debit card.

Alobar 11-27-2005 02:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

im assuming its one of those debit/credit cards

augie00 11-27-2005 03:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

im assuming its one of those debit/credit cards

[/ QUOTE ]

yep

Vavavoom 11-27-2005 03:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Over Thanksgiving weekend I had the pleasure of having my car towed for an unexpected $150 charge. Because I'm really smart and have all my money online, I overdrew from my bank account and my current balance is $-2.24.

So the question is this.

Should I go out today and charge more stuff to my credit card and go even further into the red? Is this a good idea? I really want some sushi, and as things stand I have zero money, zero gas, and zero food. So my card is my only hope for survival. Or perhaps I will go hungry today. Weird. I hope you find my predicament as hilarious as I do.

fwiw, two cashouts should hit Monday morning, so it's not like I'll be in the red for more than even a day.

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO, if they try to charge you for going overdrawn, then do what I do when it has happened to me...

I assume that its a rare thing for you to go overdrawn...it certainly is for me...So if they threaten you with a bank charge...Tell them that you will level the account and then close it down.....Trust me, with so many banks out there, they won't want to lose your custom over being $2 in the red....or over a $35 fee....

Combine this with the fact that you have two cash-outs hitting the account on Monday and that it was a B/Holiday weekend over there in the US...I think if u argue your point to a tiny degree they will waive the fee...

RunDownHouse 11-27-2005 03:37 PM

Thanks to a misunderstanding on my part, and a credit taking two days longer than it should have on the banks' part, I once made something in the area of 20 charges on a debit card within 48 hours. It was overdrawn from the start, I expected it to be fine, and the debit card didn't start rejecting purchases until much later, for whatever reason.

When it finally did get rejected, I went to the bank, confused as hell. I was presented with a bill of over $500 for overdraw fees.

Since it was "[my] first time," the bank only took about $90 in fees, waiving the rest, and I learned a lesson. Get a credit card, put everything on it, and write one check a month.