Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   one card nut flush (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=386121)

Monty Cantsin 11-27-2005 02:46 PM

Re: one card nut flush

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I've been stealing succesfully a lot and winning pots uncontested.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then why sandbag?

[/ QUOTE ]

because of my read on him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your read is that he's a folder. Folders are also often check-behinders.

More importantly, I want to show him, and the rest of the table, that I bet my monsters.

/mc

eviljeff 11-27-2005 03:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
slowplaying OOP rarely works.

[/ QUOTE ]

this blanket statement is fairly useless to me. if you think slowplaying here is inappropriate, please explain why.

bdmcgraw 11-27-2005 04:22 PM

On the turn, you got him to bet, why don't you raise? It is certainly possible that he has an ace \ pair and will call you down due to your image. If he folds, well you might have gotten a bet out of him on the river, but he might have just been hoping you would fold the turn to his bluff anyway.

When the river comes as another heart, I think you have to bet. He probably just wants to show the board down, and I've seen people make crying calls in hopes of a split.
If you bet the river, he may even raise. Checking here is bad.

If the river had been a non heart, you might be able to go for the c/r, but this isr eally read dependent. Is he betting here without a heart? Would he raise your donk bet with a decent heart?

Without any great reads, I would bet the turn and occasionally check raise. I think I'm donking the river 99% of the time.

mtdoak 11-27-2005 11:25 PM

Donk bet this river. He's not going to bet for you with anything less than a flush Q or 9 high. He'll be hardpressed to get away from any hand if you bet here. Maybe he'll do something silly like raise you with a Q, whereas you will get 3 bets out of him. C/Ring will get you 2 max, most likley one.

Wynton 11-27-2005 11:29 PM

Don't like it. If villain is prone to folding, he's not going to bet that river (let alone call a c/r).

He is much less likely to put you on the nut flush if you just bet out each street.

And the fact that you've been stealing a lot probably means he's more likely to call lead bets on this hand.

11-27-2005 11:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

If villain is LAG I check raise the turn/lead the river. He is calling with any heart.

[/ QUOTE ]

if villain was a LAG I think I'd just bet the turn, hoping to get raised. in fact, given my image I think I'd play it this way against anyone except a possible weak/tighty.

[/ QUOTE ]

As you played it, you should have raised this turn. The c/c bites. Most villains would call the raise and then call your river bet. But to answer your other question to me, I would have probably just bet. I wouldn't want to miss any bets.