Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   When do you fold AA? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=385942)

11-27-2005 06:13 AM

Re: When do you fold AA?

First hand I like calling the all in. Your opponent could have AQ or QK. If he flopped the nuts Q full of 3s he would not play the flop so fast, he would slowplay.

Second hand, it seems like your opponent really likes his hand so I would go all in preflop after he reraises you. Don't get fancy with the Aces, after all, they are only one pair.

Hattifnatt 11-27-2005 10:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
second one is automatic push

first one raise more pre-flop for sure, bump it up to like 9-10

[/ QUOTE ]

do you really raise that much?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would certainly raise that much OOP.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think its too much. I vote for a total of $6-$7.

Isura 11-27-2005 12:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
second one is automatic push

first one raise more pre-flop for sure, bump it up to like 9-10

[/ QUOTE ]

do you really raise that much?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would certainly raise that much OOP.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think its too much. I vote for a total of $6-$7.

[/ QUOTE ]

At this limit I routinely make it 10-15 and get multiple callers.

Hattifnatt 11-27-2005 12:54 PM

Ur kiddin right, the big blind is 50 cent. Someone makes it 1.75 and you think youll get callers for a raise to 20-30 bb?

-Skeme- 11-27-2005 12:59 PM

I fold it preflop every now and then.. it makes me less predictable I think.

-Skeme- 11-27-2005 01:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Folding in hand #1 would be absolutely ridiculous.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
You're obviously not folding either of these hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hattifnatt 11-27-2005 01:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I fold it preflop every now and then.. it makes me less predictable I think.

[/ QUOTE ]
Actually a friend of mine, very good player, once told me that a good full ring limit player that needs to be more disciplined (learn to fold fold fold when the cards are not the right ones) can trim this in by for a session or two fold preflop every time he gets AA...

Skuzzy 11-27-2005 01:12 PM

I fold AA when preflop action diagrammed my hand as AA or KK, I have a deep stack (200BB+) and am up against another deep stack who pushes a ragged flop. Unless I know he will push any two here to push me off my AA in which case I call the sucker. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

*edit - I also sometimes diagram AA preflop with any 2 so that when he tries this I can fold and he'll think he owned me and so try it again and I can bust the sucker [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

rikz 11-27-2005 02:08 PM

Hand 1:
[ QUOTE ]
Preflop: Hero is BB with A, A. SB posts a blind of $0.25. UTG raises to $2, 1 fold, SB (poster) calls $1.75, Hero raises to $5.5, UTG calls $4, SB calls $4.

[/ QUOTE ]

A pot sized raise over UTG would have been .25 SB + .50 your BB + $2 UTG raise + $1.75 SB caller + $1.5 (you call) = $6, so a raise to $8 total (BB+call+raise) would have been "pot sized." I would recommend a raise to $8 total preflop. A raise like that would have probably left you heads up with UTG. After that, I don't think a hand like 3x is along for the ride unless it's 33 hoping for a set without good odds to do so. After that, I think you pay off UTG's QQ (full house), but you're ahead of everything else he might have here.

Oh, and if I did the psr calculation wrong, somebody let me know. I've been working on how to calculate it.

Hand 2 looks ok to me.

11-27-2005 09:20 PM

Results

Hand 1: Villain has KQ. I win.

Hand 2: Villain has QQ. Unlucky flop, but I agree, I can't really get away from it. Knock the table and move on.

Thanks for the replies. I guess you guys are right on hand 1. I have to push preflop. With a reraise like this, I obviously have AA, maybe possibly KK. He gets to call and push if he hits his set, or fold if not. I need to force him to make the tough decision for all of his chips preflop.