Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   tOSU or Oregon? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=385923)

pokerdirty 11-27-2005 01:18 PM

Re: tOSU or Oregon?

Wow Clark, your hatred of tOSU runs deep. I just don't see how you can say how Oregon deserves it, but not give any facts, or opinions even, to back it up.

I think the biggest thing that is going to hurt the Pac 10s chances of getting a 2nd team into the BCS, is that the 2 2nd place teams (UCLA and Oregon) didn't play each other. Had this happened, I believe this race would be a hell of a lot closer than it is now.

bernie 11-27-2005 01:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the biggest thing that is going to hurt the Pac 10s chances of getting a 2nd team into the BCS, is that the 2 2nd place teams (UCLA and Oregon) didn't play each other.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which won't matter when UCLA loses to USC next week which will put Oregon alone in 2nd place.

b

lastchance 11-27-2005 01:33 PM

I think OSU is the better team, but Oregon hasn't had any chance to really show itself against equal competition. They've faced SC and a host of inferior teams.

Is Notre Dame already in? Because I think the real question is Notre Dame and Oregon, not OSU and Oregon.

TomCollins 11-27-2005 01:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow Clark, your hatred of tOSU runs deep. I just don't see how you can say how Oregon deserves it, but not give any facts, or opinions even, to back it up.

I think the biggest thing that is going to hurt the Pac 10s chances of getting a 2nd team into the BCS, is that the 2 2nd place teams (UCLA and Oregon) didn't play each other. Had this happened, I believe this race would be a hell of a lot closer than it is now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Irrationality is fun. Oregon isn't OSU, therefore they should go.

Clarkmeister 11-27-2005 02:15 PM

I have nothing against tOSU. If you recall, I was relentlessly taunting the scUM fans in the thread before the game. I just think you are delusional about this team's ability.

11-27-2005 04:34 PM

Why is this even a question? It should be Oregon or Notre Dame as to who deserves it, because it's clear that Ohio State deserves it over the Domers or the Dux.

Not that I'm impartial or antyhing.

MCS 11-27-2005 08:00 PM

Ohio State is a signifcantly better team.

I don't know who "deserves it more."

I like Oregon better and hope they get it.

Iplayboard 11-27-2005 08:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
. Oregon's was a blowout loss to USC, sure it was close for 3 quarters, but clearly Oregon cannot compete for 4 quarters against a top team like the Trojans.

[/ QUOTE ]

The same could be said about Ohio State.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I guess you're allowed to say anything you want. However you would have no evidence to back it up. Ohio State took Texas and Penn State to the wire, losing by one score or less, whereas Oregon lost by 32 to USC at home.

Iplayboard 11-27-2005 08:43 PM

Clark- have you ever given a single shred of evidence in any post bashing Ohio State? All you seem to say is that Ohio State isn't that good because you don't like them. I think a small child could produce a more logical, reasoned argument than you.

Clarkmeister 11-27-2005 10:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Clark- have you ever given a single shred of evidence in any post bashing Ohio State? All you seem to say is that Ohio State isn't that good because you don't like them. I think a small child could produce a more logical, reasoned argument than you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Work on your reading comprehension. Where have I ever said I didn't like them?