Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Brick and Mortar (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Time charge question (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=385752)

Randy_Refeld 11-29-2005 09:34 AM

Re: Time charge question

[ QUOTE ]
Where I usually play, Lucky Chances, they take time immeadiately.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even with no board? It has been quite some time since I have been in a B&M, it is quite possible that they have cut back on the amount of free passes.

AKQJ10 11-29-2005 05:40 PM

Re: You are paying for the seat...not playing

[ QUOTE ]
If the 5/half is going to kill you then drop down to a rake game and don't worry about time. (emphasis added)

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm eager to hear what no-limit game you'd have me "drop down to" at Foxwoods.

Of course I can play low-limit games -- I usually do -- but they don't fulfill my goal of learning to play live NLHE.

11-29-2005 08:06 PM

Most places nowadays it's a race with the floor. If you get there before the floor comes by and says drop the time you pay, get there after time is dropped it's free.

Al_Capone_Junior 11-30-2005 01:57 PM

My experience has always been that if you have chips on the table when the time charge is due, you pay, regardless of your situation. If you come in after time is collected, you "might" just get yourself up to almost a half hour free, but that's not always going to be true. Some houses have charged me a portion of the time charge when seating me, 1/3 or 2/3 of it, depending on how much time was left before the next time charge was due. This was typical in san diego (at the lucky lady) before they went to a drop system. (the board made no difference)

al

11-30-2005 02:40 PM

A local room collects full time if you start playing within ~10 minutes from when time was last collected, and nothing afterwards. If time was *just* collected, it would make no difference if you waited until you came in, as you would be paying anyway.

perfectm 12-01-2005 05:04 PM

I agree with BKyef. In all my experience at the Foxwoods 1/2NL game, it all depends on when the floor comes around to tell the dealer to drop the money. And/or if they have the full $50 yet. If they person whose seat you took paid the time already, I can't imagine that they would ask you to pay the $5 and drop more than $50.

If the floor comes around and sees $45 and a full table, he is going to ask who didn't pay and have them pay. I've seen it done. I guess some floor might not make them pay, but it seems like the exception rather than the rule.

AKQJ10 12-01-2005 05:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If they person whose seat you took paid the time already, I can't imagine that they would ask you to pay the $5 and drop more than $50.

[/ QUOTE ]

Foxwoods did precisely this on my last visit.