Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Is ANYONE here going to go holiday shopping today? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=385016)

TaxGoddess 11-25-2005 02:12 PM

Re: Is ANYONE here going to go holiday shopping today?

I was, but wimped out when I saw all the cars in the mall parking lot.

Was also going to hit Walmart at 5 am, but when I found the Friday am sale price on the 2 items I wanted online, I just ordered them online.

Ogre 11-25-2005 02:15 PM

i think everybody who did go shopping today had left before you posted this

TaxGoddess 11-25-2005 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't trying to educate anyone, just pointing out what I learned looking at the circular online. Most of the mega sale items were only available at the brick & mortar stores, like the $400 laptop, the $4 coffeemaker, etc.

Ogre 11-25-2005 03:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't trying to educate anyone, just pointing out what I learned looking at the circular online. Most of the mega sale items were only available at the brick & mortar stores, like the $400 laptop, the $4 coffeemaker, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry i was unclear, i meant this post in general

astroglide 11-25-2005 03:12 PM

i basically never shop on black friday

MarkL444 11-25-2005 03:15 PM

why go shopping now when you can do it all 2 days before christmas?

AngryCola 11-25-2005 03:20 PM

This was my first and last attempt at shopping on Black Friday.

Best Buy was nuts. Don't go there today unless you absolutely must make some sort of purchase that can't wait until later this weekend.

vexvelour 11-25-2005 03:28 PM

I tried last year, so not worth it. If you MUST get your shopping done before December, go tomorrow.

Anyway, I was informed that this is National Buy Nothing day if you're anti-corporation.

mason55 11-25-2005 06:10 PM

I am home for Thanksgiving. I told my mom and sister what I wanted them to buy for me last night before they went to bed. I went out and got smashed with old friends. Woke up today around 3 and had 8 new shirts for work waiting for me. They didn't fit so I sent my mom back to the store to exchange them and went back to sleep.

Muwahahah.

Femto 11-25-2005 06:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The key to the day after Thanksgiving is to check out the sales flyers ahead of time, pick out what you want (some great sales today) and arrive when they open at 6 or 7 am. Grab what you want and check out within 1/2 hour. No check out lines, got your stuff, go home.

[/ QUOTE ]rofl

it aint that easy bro. people were lined up at best buy and wal mart today starting at midnight, and by 5am opening there were near 1000 people totally wrapped around the city block. i've never seen anything like it.