Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   The next M. Night Shamylamylabadoobi movie (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=384708)

phil_ivey_fan 11-25-2005 11:44 AM

Re: The next M. Night Shamylamylabadoobi movie

[ QUOTE ]
i saw the trailer for this movie the other night, i was thinking "hm..weird...paul giamatti...ho hum..boring, wow this looks like [censored]..." then i saw the title, "from m. night shymalan" i was sexually aroused after i saw that, i cannot wait to see this movie.

[/ QUOTE ]

almost identical to my impression of the trailer. In fact until I saw the M. Night part, I was getting the feeling it was going to be a kiddie movie.

Clarkmeister 11-25-2005 01:34 PM

Unbreakable and 6th Sense are fabulous movies. The other two are good. I will see anything he puts out, he is very very good at what he does.

Peter666 11-25-2005 01:47 PM

Watching his movies has become boring now because I am just waiting for the inevitable shattering plot twist. "The Village" really pissed me off. I wanted monsters.

Paluka 11-25-2005 02:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Watching his movies has become boring now because I am just waiting for the inevitable shattering plot twist. "The Village" really pissed me off. I wanted monsters.

[/ QUOTE ]

I pretty much agree. I think he is a great filmmaker, but I'm going to stop thinking that really soon if all he can do is a twist ending.

TheBlueMonster 11-25-2005 02:09 PM

all his movies have something to do with water. What an auteur!

[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] Lame.

The once and future king 11-25-2005 02:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I dunno man.

His films are good as long as you don't see them once.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

astroglide 11-25-2005 03:37 PM

i really enjoyed the village on the strength of the main characters and the fantastic thematic immersion. i didn't really care one way or another about the twist, i just think it's a great environmental movie.

Senor Cardgage 11-25-2005 03:40 PM

The Sixth Sense was great, I really enjoyed Unbreakable, and Signs was very good up until the ending. He's a good writer and director; as long as he can make some films that are slightly less gimmicky, I'll love his work.

private joker 11-25-2005 04:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i really enjoyed the village ... i just think it's a great political movie.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP.

Also, Lady in the Water isn't coming out until July 21, 2006. Therefore this will be the first of 38 threads on the film.

astroglide 11-25-2005 07:57 PM

i didn't mean 'environmental' as in 'pro-environment'. i meant that it was immersive.