Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   What do you do? AA (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=383410)

11-22-2005 10:53 PM

Results

She showed K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

She flopped two pair, and, I should have gone into call down mode here on the turn/river I think. But I wonder if the 1 extra BB I lose is worth it when someone is donking into me with a PP or AK. I think that since she limped EP with KK, I was thinking it's possible she limped here with AK. I dont know what the right line is here, but, if I had to do it all over again, I'd probably just call the flop and raise the turn....Hands like this make me go on tilt, I really need to work on that part of my game. I can ruin an entire session because I cant let go of a certain hand. This doesnt happen that often, admittedly, but when it does it can get 30-40 BB's ugly. The same opponent beat my AK with K8 in a hand just after this and it sent me over the edge.

If anyone can offer some advice on how I could better control my tilt factor at the table I would be deeply endebted to them for any succesful advice.

Tex

11-22-2005 10:55 PM

Re: What do you do? AA

Advice was greatly appreciated, Daryn. I apologize for the comments I made earlier.

Thanks,

Tex

lil feller 11-22-2005 11:05 PM

Re: Results

Tilting is about a lot of things.

Expectation/Entitlement: for our AA to hold up, to make our flush draws, to flop sets, etc. Stop expecting good things to happen and you won't be dissapointed.

Emotiotional attachment: to good starting cards, good flops, money. Stop caring about whether you win or lose and you won't tilt when either is happening.

just some ideas on how to start.

lf

11-23-2005 12:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The river bet is what confuses me--your opponent's logic may be "I'm going to call anyhow so I'd might as well bet with my Kings".

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
But still, they have shown some aggression on each street and the hand reeks of only one pair of kings

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think I've ever seen a passive player with this thought process after being raised on the prior 3 streets with only top pair.

[ QUOTE ]
You very well could have the best hand.
Your opponent is super passive; they might not reraise w/o the nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]

These 2 lines don't really go together. You have a 'super passive' that is leading every street after being raised on every street. The river is a crying call.

b

[/ QUOTE ]

My original post 'reeks' of the confusion I would be experiencing in the hand. Let me sum up the mess-- you might have the best hand if this guy's an idiot. Your raise on the turn should tip him off that a pair of Kings is no good; the flop raise may not. Super passive leads me to believe he has 2 pair given his betting. I'd call the river anyhow. I appologize for the mess I typed. I was thinking out loud or by typing or something.

bernie 11-23-2005 04:02 AM

Re: Results

[ QUOTE ]
If anyone can offer some advice on how I could better control my tilt factor at the table I would be deeply endebted to them for any succesful advice.

[/ QUOTE ]

Recognize when you are starting to tilt and leave the game no matter how good it is. Come back later when you are thinking more clearly.

Longterm: Learn more about the game and where your profit comes from. You should welcome your AK being beat by K8.

30-40BBs isn't much at all. How will you do when it hits 100-200+bbs?

b

bernie 11-23-2005 04:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My original post 'reeks' of the confusion I would be experiencing in the hand. Let me sum up the mess-- you might have the best hand if this guy's an idiot. Your raise on the turn should tip him off that a pair of Kings is no good; the flop raise may not. Super passive leads me to believe he has 2 pair given his betting.

[/ QUOTE ]

Remember the player profile. That should help any confusion.

You raising the flop on a passives bet is telling them that you have at least a pair of Ks. (think of what they'd think of raising with in this spot) When they lead into you on the turn, they're saying they can beat top pair. Especially when you've been active on 2 streets raising behind them. There's really no reason to raise the turn. Passives generally don't make moves and thin bets or try to bump you off hands. They also don't bet unmade hands like draws. There's a reason they are 'passives'. When they are actively betting, they are seeing the showdown if forced into calling. In this case, the passive is still betting. Warning signs should be going on.

b