Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   ROME Season Finale (spoilers only if you're retarded) (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=382338)

RacersEdge 11-20-2005 11:51 PM

Re: ROME Season Finale (spoilers only if you\'re retarded)

This is impossible to get into if you missed the first few episodes. It's nothing but Plutonius this and Tomulus that. The battle in the arena was intense, but no clue what the story was.

Sightless 11-20-2005 11:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I thought they made many efforts to be historically accurate. (As accurate as possible for a narrative series anyway). What were some of the inaccuracies?

[/ QUOTE ]

Octavia of the Julii never slept with Octavian.

ononimo 11-21-2005 12:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Line of the episode (Servilia to Atia):

"So you see, the tyrant is dead and you are alone....Would you like some honey water?"

OMG PWN3D!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really, just looking at Octavian you can tell Servilia's hosed.

[/ QUOTE ]

watching Octavian and Mark Antony wage vengeance upon Servilia and Brutus is reason enough to wait for Season Two.

and is anyone else disgusted by how much of a bitch Brutus is?

BottlesOf 11-21-2005 12:24 AM

That it?

BottlesOf 11-21-2005 12:24 AM

Yes

SoCalRugger 11-21-2005 12:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Really? DO you have a link?

[/ QUOTE ]
http://www.tv.com/story/story.html&story_id=623

Just says it's been renewed for a 2nd season. I've never seen something official on anything more than that.

Paluka 11-21-2005 12:38 AM

I'm really dissappointed in this resolution of situation with Vorenus and his wife. Completely unsatisfying and it has made me unhappy. I thought this finale was a big letdown.

ononimo 11-21-2005 12:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm really dissappointed in this resolution of situation with Vorenus and his wife. Completely unsatisfying and it has made me unhappy. I thought this finale was a big letdown.

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe it gives him motivation to join Octavian and Mark Antony against Servilia and Brutus ...

I agree that, overall, the episode seemed scattered and hurried.

WillMagic 11-21-2005 12:44 AM

Oh, I know they renewed it early on in the season. But recently there was an interview with some hbo guys saying they were having trouble writing the scripts for the time period immediately following caesar's downfall, so the earliest they could come up with a new season was March of 2007, which would make it hard to retain the audience, and given how expensive Rome is...they might just let it go.

I'll look for that interview and post it when i get the chance.

Will

ononimo 11-21-2005 12:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh, I know they renewed it early on in the season. But recently there was an interview with some hbo guys saying they were having trouble writing the scripts for the time period immediately following caesar's downfall, so the earliest they could come up with a new season was March of 2007, which would make it hard to retain the audience, and given how expensive Rome is...they might just let it go.

I'll look for that interview and post it when i get the chance.

Will

[/ QUOTE ]

wasn't most of the expense incurred by building the elaborate sets? one would assume that Season Two would cost considerably less.