Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Bad run of cards or suckage? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=381764)

Benoit 11-20-2005 03:25 AM

Re: Bad run of cards or suckage?

[ QUOTE ]
52% is well the desired range i would have thought. certainly wouldn't want it too much lower than 50% -> you'd be seeing too many showdowns imho.

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on the pot size too. If I'm estimating a 20% chance to win at showdown on the river, then I'm calling when I'm getting over 4 to 1 odds on the pot, for example.

...Oops actually I just checked my %win at SD, I'm at about 46%. So I guess 52% is close. I guess I'll shut up now. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] That and the sample size, yeah I have nothing more to say.

numeri 11-20-2005 03:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
...Oops actually I just checked my %win at SD, I'm at about 46%.

[/ QUOTE ]
If this is over a significant sample size, (> 10k) you're calling too often on the river. Check out the FAQ. OP is fine.

bottomset 11-20-2005 03:46 AM

god I wish the bad swings were only 55BB, i'd make a hell of a lot more at this game

Benoit 11-20-2005 05:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
If this is over a significant sample size, (> 10k) you're calling too often on the river. Check out the FAQ. OP is fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've just been single tabling and tracking for the last month or two on .25/.50. So my sample size is just below 500 hands.

numeri 11-20-2005 05:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've just been single tabling and tracking for the last month or two on .25/.50. So my sample size is just below 500 hands.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ah. No worries, then. WTSD and W$ASD take quite a while to converge.

nomadtla 11-20-2005 05:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Ah. No worries, then. WTSD and W$ASD take quite a while to converge.

[/ QUOTE ]

what is the general consensus for a decent conversion on that cause I think mine is high. and w$sd is low

numeri 11-20-2005 05:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what is the general consensus for a decent conversion on that cause I think mine is high. and w$sd is low

[/ QUOTE ]
n00b!!! Read the FAQ.

Typically 30-35 for WTSD and 50-55 for W$ASD. I was 34/56 at 0.5/1, but some of that was 6-max.

nomadtla 11-20-2005 06:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
n00b!!! Read the FAQ.

Typically 30-35 for WTSD and 50-55 for W$ASD. I was 34/56 at 0.5/1, but some of that was 6-max.

[/ QUOTE ]

# of hands for this stat to converge smart a**

numeri 11-20-2005 08:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
# of hands for this stat to converge smart a**

[/ QUOTE ]
Doh! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I'm not sure there is general consensus. I would think that a 10k sample would give you a good idea. I could probably do the math, but I'm too lazy. It's Sunday evening, what do you expect? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

MrWookie47 11-20-2005 09:25 PM

I'm going to go ahead and lock this. No disrespect to OP, but this is a pretty meaningless sample size, and the rest of your questions can be answered by the links in this thread.