Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   YES! I ran the [censored] out of a red light and got busted cold (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=380745)

astroglide 11-18-2005 02:09 AM

Re: YES! I ran the [censored] out of a red light and got busted cold

i've never known those "here's your speed" gadgets to have cameras. i don't understand why they aren't employed more liberally. i see empty cop cars parked strategically for days, and i'm pretty sure a crown vic runs more than an electro-sign.

as far as the 'moral high ground' goes, running a red light is a much more clear and present danger to me than exceeding the speed limit. i would be fine with 100mph+ speed cameras. unless it's clearly reckless, i think it's bogus to change a classic game of cat and mouse.

dsw1977 11-18-2005 02:12 AM

Here you go.

d10 11-18-2005 02:17 AM

Photo tickets are treated like parking tickets since it's impossible to prove who's actually driving the car. You'll have to pay a fine, but it won't show up on your record and you won't hear anything from your insurance company. Don't take it to court and expect to win because there's no proof who was driving the car though. If you say it wasn't you, they'll ask for the name and address of who it was, and given that it's your car they'll expect you to know. I've seen that tried, it doesn't work.

whiskeytown 11-18-2005 02:29 AM

the secret is to run it slowly....so it can't pick you up on motion detectors...

you may be able to fight it in court - GL - search the internet for precedent.

RB

djj6835 11-18-2005 02:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Photo tickets are treated like parking tickets since it's impossible to prove who's actually driving the car. You'll have to pay a fine, but it won't show up on your record and you won't hear anything from your insurance company. Don't take it to court and expect to win because there's no proof who was driving the car though. If you say it wasn't you, they'll ask for the name and address of who it was, and given that it's your car they'll expect you to know. I've seen that tried, it doesn't work.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why wouldn't this work? I lived in an apartment with three other guys and only one of us could have a car at the apartment. The kid who owned the car would let us borrow it and at times he wouldn't know which one of us was driving it.

Evan 11-18-2005 02:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the secret is to run it slowly....so it can't pick you up on motion detectors...

[/ QUOTE ]
Getting caught>>>getting hit

Ulysses 11-18-2005 03:30 AM

If you have to do traffic school, you can do it online now in no time flat.

Landon_McFly 11-18-2005 03:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you say it wasn't you, they'll ask for the name and address of who it was, and given that it's your car they'll expect you to know. I've seen that tried, it doesn't work.

[/ QUOTE ]

What if you give them a name and address of someone who lives in another state? Or country? I mean a real person that you know. They aren't going to put out a warrant for Wang Chung in Bangladesh.

Fack the police

chesspain 11-18-2005 09:22 AM

Maybe you should grow up and learn how to drive more safely. Running red lights is very uncool.

imported_The Vibesman 11-18-2005 09:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i've never known those "here's your speed" gadgets to have cameras. i don't understand why they aren't employed more liberally. i see empty cop cars parked strategically for days, and i'm pretty sure a crown vic runs more than an electro-sign.

[/ QUOTE ]

They have these around here. The town I work in has one and constantly puts it on a traffic heavy area of the main road where the speed limit is 45mph and the average speed of traffic until about 9 PM is 20mph. It's kind of funny to see one of those that says Watch Your Speed - 45 MPH and crawl by it doing 5.