Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   AJo (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=380162)

11-17-2005 02:38 PM

Re: AJo

You're giving a lot of credit to the player behind you. I would probably three-bet the flop.

11-17-2005 02:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In this large pot you cannot afford to allow the 3rd guy to stay in here

[/ QUOTE ]

This hand has very little to worry about in terms of isolation/protection--raises here are for value. Hero is WA/WB on the flop/turn.

He's never folding a better ace, and so he's drawing thin against AK or AQ, and drawing dead against a set.

On the other hand, if the villain who cold called the 3-bet preflop has a big pair TT-KK, that villain is way behind and drawing thin--charge him to see a showdown and don't worry about folding him out. Same goes for an overplayed weaker ace (e.g., ATs), which is drawing to 3 outs only.

11-17-2005 05:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
In this large pot you cannot afford to allow the 3rd guy to stay in here

[/ QUOTE ]

This hand has very little to worry about in terms of isolation/protection--raises here are for value. Hero is WA/WB on the flop/turn.

He's never folding a better ace, and so he's drawing thin against AK or AQ, and drawing dead against a set.

On the other hand, if the villain who cold called the 3-bet preflop has a big pair TT-KK, that villain is way behind and drawing thin--charge him to see a showdown and don't worry about folding him out. Same goes for an overplayed weaker ace (e.g., ATs), which is drawing to 3 outs only.

[/ QUOTE ]
When you are in a large 3 handed pot with a probable best yet tenuous hand like top pair, your goal should be to get this pot heads up as soon as possible. Thinking about what other players may have is secondary. The strategic value of making this a two player confrontation, and thus increasing your probability of winning this large pot, outweighs any other consideration such as what these two players may or may not have.

KDawgCometh 11-17-2005 06:49 PM

1. glad to see you around this part of the forum again PBob

2. I really think that your hand is strong enough to three bet the flop to isolate the drunk guy. His raising range and his current state certainly makes me think that you are ahead enough to three bet the flop. I don't know what would constitue a good turn for you to raise, as the guy behind you always has to be taken into consideration, and his three cold PF is obviously a worry. I really want to fold him out as soon as possible

as far as the river, I think that you will get more value overall with bet/calling. There is enough going on that board as far as straight draws that doesn't make me want to go for the sexy on the river. I'm not sure this is the best place to do that

me454555 11-17-2005 07:03 PM

You can't like anyone calling your pf 3 bet b/c that means hes got AK, AQ, JJ, QQ, TT. I like reraising the flop on this hand to figure out where you are. If he calls your flop raise you can be pretty sure he's got AK, AQ. The advantage of this line is that he's less likely to raise the turn on you if you lead and you might even consider checking the turn if you don't improve.

PokerBob 11-17-2005 08:41 PM

results and thoughts

Canterbury 8/16 9 handed
EP is drunk. I don't know much about him, but earlier he raised in EP with 69o. Other dude I have played with, but remember nothing about his game.

EP raises, I 3-bet with A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], other dude is next in and CC's 3 bets. EVeryone else clears out and EP calls.

Flop 3 ways: A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
EP checks, I bet, other dude calls, EP now raises, I tank and then call, other dude calls.

Turn: 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
EP bets, I call, other dude raises, EP calls, I tank again and then call.

River: J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

EP checks, I check, other dude bets, EP calls, I raise, other dude says nice catch and calls, EP folds. Thoughts on all streets please.

Well, I thought about 3-betting the flop, but then figured that the guy behind me likely hand nothing that could call profitably for one bet, much less 2. That or i was already behind him. Basically, i didn't mind his call. But I suck at hand reading, as he turned over 75s,. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

shant 11-17-2005 09:21 PM

Re: results and thoughts

His hand reading skills are so much better since it was obvious you had QTo.

PokerBob 11-19-2005 02:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed. i almost peed myself when i realized what he had me on.

11-19-2005 03:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed. i almost peed myself when i realized what he had me on.

[/ QUOTE ]
Although you were drawing dead against him this time, after seeing what your opponent showed down, I would never fold the turn getting 13-1 against this guy since he is definitely loose enough to have any two pair on this board!

GuyOnTilt 11-19-2005 03:35 AM

Hey PokerBob,

I don't like your turn play at all. I think it's decently likely you lost this hand. You probably won't the majority of the time and maybe not this time, but I think LP will have a better hand here a decent amount of the time. This is a pretty typical line all the way thru for 99/88/66, the call and comment on the river thinking you spiked your set which fits in his mind with your deliberation on the flop and following passive line. You don't have 3 outs on the turn. You probably have somewhere around close to 2.0, give or take a little. 2.0 is a pretty reasonable read to make during the hand for ease of calculation. From there you can quickly get an idea of how proportional you'd be off of 2.5 and adjust accordingly if you think it's somewhere between 2 and 3. Even adding in the 1 point whatever implied you're going to come up short unless you go as high as maybe 2.7 or so. I'd be interested to know what you gave yourself when you decided to call the turn.

GoT