Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   KK, when to let it go (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=379876)

Nikademus 11-16-2005 07:53 PM

Re: KK, when to let it go

[ QUOTE ]
THey played so passive it seems obvious to me they dont have trip As.

[/ QUOTE ]

SB led the betting every round, and got no action. How can you rule out Ax?

PokerSparky 11-16-2005 07:57 PM

Not capping preflop was bad; not calling the river was worse IMO.

A read would obviously be very helpful here. Without one, I don't hate a call down.

11-16-2005 07:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Flop is not raise or fold. Why do you think that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it's like a) raise, call a 3-bet, fold turn UI, or b) call to the river, or c) fold.

Regarding a) we let villain define the hand for 1.5 more big bets, and can easily fold the turn UI. We still have 3-ish outs in the bdsd and set.

On b) We pay 2.5 big bets to find out what villain has (or BB's weak ace for that matter)

c) EV=0, but leaves us wondering what villain had.

What I don't understand is why we are calling the turn and /not/ calling the river.

11-16-2005 08:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
On b) We pay 2.5 big bets to find out what villain has (or BB's weak ace for that matter)

[/ QUOTE ]

there are two villains. doesnt this change this strategy?

matt hooley 11-16-2005 08:09 PM

the flop raise if for value. folding the flop would be pretty bad. we have no reason to assume we're drawing to 2 outs here, that's not an accurate assesment.

milesdyson 11-16-2005 08:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the flop raise if for value. folding the flop would be pretty bad. we have no reason to assume we're drawing to 2 outs here, that's not an accurate assesment.

[/ QUOTE ]
raising an AQx flop with KK against the small blind who 3-bet us preflop is only for value when he has the other KK (and will fold it) and the other guy does not have an ace, either.

against 99/TT/JJ/QQ/AA, AK/AQ, this is not for value because he'll simply fold when he's behind and crush your dreams when he's ahead.

11-16-2005 08:25 PM

Let it go, pot's too small.

Scuba Chuck 11-16-2005 08:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Preflop: Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
3 folds</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, 2 folds</font>, Hero raises</font>, SB 3-bets</font>, BB calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, Hero calls .

[/ QUOTE ]

Couldn't you raise here?

milesdyson 11-16-2005 08:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Let it go, pot's too small.

[/ QUOTE ]
instead of letting this thread die with this as its last post, let me bump this to remind everyone how not to reply to hand posts.

11-16-2005 08:51 PM

I dont know the dynamics at 0.15/0.30 but I am just calling down from the flop as a standard play. And ofc I cap preflop. The hand would probably play a little different after that.