Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Ok to go broke here? TT $50NL (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=379763)

Rockatansky 11-16-2005 06:20 PM

Re: Ok to go broke here? TT $50NL

Does no one else think that a pre-flop re-raise is in order? Villain open raised on the button!

lautzutao 11-16-2005 06:23 PM

I don't know how often/what button raises with preflop, but I can't think TT is good here after the flop bet is called. I just give it up on the turn.

4_2_it 11-16-2005 06:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
C/c flop, lead turn? Anyone.....anyone.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you commit your stack to call anything on the river? (Not saying it's bad, but I want to understand it.)

I think pot control OOP with a showdownable hand is the right play here. As to how to make that happen, I don't have a better line other my previous one.

Rockatansky 11-16-2005 06:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know how often/what button raises with preflop, but I can't think TT is good here after the flop bet is called. I just give it up on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you never have donks call your flop bet holding second pair, or missed overs?

11-16-2005 06:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Does no one else think that a pre-flop re-raise is in order? Villain open raised on the button!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah - I would have raised pre-flop (at least 3x the button's bet). I don't know if I would bet the river like that either. The BB is just calling but he is calling some big bets. Any one have an idea on that?

lautzutao 11-16-2005 06:31 PM

Well, I generally like to have something more than a medium overpair when betting into a preflop raiser. If I have a read or information that the button raises with lots of different crap(ie he's stealing) then I don't mind the bet.

If I think he has overs and could reliably put him on it by a betting pattern or something I'd checkraise him here and see if he calls. I don't want to go broke with TT, sorry.

Mackerel 11-16-2005 06:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry, I don't want to come off as some kind of expert, but that's pretty weak. Button raise first-in at 6-max could be almost anything, so BB calling doesn't indicate much. BB lead on a rags flop could just be a re-steal and lots of players will call with just overs w/backdoor draws or middle-pair kind of hands. No reason to believe you're behind on the flop, even after the call.

Lady Dont Tekno 11-16-2005 06:33 PM

Results

Villain shows AA and MHING.

thanks for the replies all. i'm debating whether repopping preflop or check/re-evaluating the turn is better.

lautzutao 11-16-2005 06:35 PM

At this level, you can't assume that other players know what a steal attempt is. Button could be raising a legitimate hand. Without a read it's difficult to tell of course and the information would be nice...

lautzutao 11-16-2005 06:43 PM

Why would he reraise the flop/turn if he can watch you go broke by just calling your bets? And if he's beat by some random junk he's not exposing himself. But given the action villian looks like he's willing to go broke with his hand(good ole' results oriented[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img])