Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   What Asian film should I watch tonight? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=379528)

jnalpak 11-16-2005 11:42 AM

AUDITION - What misery should have been!!

Go with AUDITION

Hero is great too and ong-bak has great ction flick but the story sucks

IndieMatty 11-16-2005 11:50 AM

Re: What Asian film should I watch tonight?

I've heard the ones where the girls throw up on each other are kinda hot.

jesusarenque 11-16-2005 12:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Haven't seen any of those. What you should do is go out and rent "Battle Royale".

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, I have seen HERO. BR, however, is sweet.

obsidian 11-16-2005 12:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
old boy

[/ QUOTE ]
Wow, surprised someone else has seen this one. Great movie. I heard they are remaking it for the states but I have the feeling the ending won't fly too well over here.

SL__72 11-16-2005 01:00 PM

And they'll probably do something dumb like cast Tom Cruise as the main character.

Aloysius 11-16-2005 01:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
old boy

[/ QUOTE ]
Wow, surprised someone else has seen this one. Great movie. I heard they are remaking it for the states but I have the feeling the ending won't fly too well over here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Another vote for "Old Boy". This is a twisted movie with amazing visuals. Koreans rule.

SL__72 11-16-2005 01:42 PM

If you want Korean, twisted and beautiful visuals you gotta see Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter and Spring. Actually I wouldn't go as far as to call it twisted. The cinematography is stunning and the natural scenery is beautiful. Thinking about it more... I need to rent this again.

Aloysius 11-16-2005 01:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you want Korean, twisted and beautiful visuals you gotta see Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter and Spring. Actually I wouldn't go as far as to call it twisted. The cinematography is stunning and the natural scenery is beautiful. Thinking about it more... I need to rent this again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the rec! Will check it out. Also, diebitter, Tae Guk Ki = great war movie. I think you'd like it.

Brainwalter 11-16-2005 01:46 PM

I've only seen 2 of these so I didn't want to vote, but wanted to see results so I voted Hero.

swede123 11-16-2005 01:53 PM

All these are fine choices I'm sure, personally I'd pick Tae Guk Gi right now as I'm in the mood for a war movie.

That being said, my vote would be a write-in: NSFW

Swede