Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   PROPOSAL (this affects you guys, please read): mid- and high- forums (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=379221)

TStoneMBD 11-15-2005 10:42 PM

Re: PROPOSAL (this affects you guys, please read): mid- and high- foru

You all know where I stand. [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

PSW 11-15-2005 10:57 PM

Moving to 4 forums seems silly to me. Just because the "high" folks won't answer "basic" 15/30 questions, doesn't mean you should take away the 10/20 posters that ARE helping out the 3/6 to 5/10 crowd. I realize that 10/20 folks could still slum in the new SS, but it will take away a fair bit of readership. Folks should post where they get good answers. If you have to, you could just create the 15/30 & 20/40 if you think these guys are the same folks.

Once I actually start thinking about how the limits should be broken up, I get:

Micros <1/2
SS: 1/2 through 5/10
Mid: 10/20 through 20/40
High: > 30/60

psw

ps. I remember when I was playing 1/2 and felt like the micros just weren't the place for my posts.

tonypaladino 11-15-2005 10:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ps. I remember when I was playing 1/2 and felt like the micros just weren't the place for my posts.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really don't like the micro forum. I post my 1/2 here, and as a result get ignored a lot. Oh Well.

MyTurn2Raise 11-15-2005 11:01 PM

Re: PROPOSAL (this affects you guys, please read): mid- and high- forums

4 forums is fine with me. It would probably cause this forum to lose some posts from quite a few quality posters. However, there is enough traffic and quality posters yhere to make it worth it.

shant 11-15-2005 11:05 PM

This is a good point. I remember when I was playing 3/6 and was interested to get advice from players who were playing 15/30. I think I got a lot of great help from those posters. A huge part of learning comes from hearing advice from people who have been there.

I think there's far too much ego involved in this decision because some Mid-High posters think SS is full of bad players and won't answer posts from 15/30 they think are standard. That's why I like this forum. People play anywhere from 3/6 to 20/40 and post them here and we get discussion no matter what the limit. The folks who think they can't post a 15/30 hand here are mistaken.

TStoneMBD 11-15-2005 11:14 PM

with the intent of trying to withhold my true feelings for the sake of others, i am not mistaken.

shant 11-15-2005 11:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
with the intent of trying to withhold my true feelings for the sake of others, i am not mistaken.

[/ QUOTE ]
Do you think you won't get the proper advice? I'm not saying I give good 15/30 advice, because I doubt I do, but the same players that I learned a lot from still posts hands here. I think you'll get a lot more discussion from players who have played and are playing the same limits as you.

Who do you think is going to be posting in the Mid forum? Do you think the 30/60 players in Mid-high are going to start answering posts in there?

B Dids 11-15-2005 11:23 PM

A few random thoughts

A- just playing 3/6 shouldn't prevent you from posting or reading a higher forum. I'll throw in the occasional post in mid high if I think I've actually got something to say*

B- I think that logically 15/30 is closer to 3/6 than it is to 100/200, where the dynamics shift a ton.

C- All of these suggestions do have the negative of creating a ghetto for microlimit posters, and I think the micro and ss forums will require pretty agressive moderation to help them stay viable.

*- hopefully I'm using good judgement there, and I think this is a lesson that a lot of people could take. Posting for the sake of posting=the suck.

shant 11-15-2005 11:30 PM

One good thing I can see coming out of it is threads will be less cluttered since the players who post will already be playing those games/levels and won't need to explain certain things.

sfer 11-15-2005 11:42 PM

I wrote a longer response but I don't think it's that important. Anyway, whatever changes happen, I hope things turn out well.