Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Multi-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Stars $10 NL 250 players left - pays top 135 - facing reraise with KK (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=378983)

MonkeeMan 11-15-2005 04:26 PM

Re: Stars $10 NL 250 players left - pays top 135 - facing reraise with

[ QUOTE ]
You are about 100 players away from the bubble, so it is time to start thinking about how you can eke into the money.

Since he is re-raising pre-flop, he probably has AA, so you should just call. If there is an Ace on the flop, check fold, because he probably had AK or AQ, or maybe even a set of Aces. You'd be way behind.

If there isn't an Ace on the flop, just min bet, and if he raises, you can fold. He probably has AA or a set, and you would hate to bust out before you make the money. Just keep folding, stall whenever you can, and you should be able to float your way to a cool $20 or so.

How did it turn out?

[/ QUOTE ]

That was some hilarious [censored] [censored]. Please visit OOT if you have more gems like this.

WinBig 11-16-2005 12:39 PM

Thanks for the input. I did push and he called with AA and I busted out.

I would do the same thing again because I think there is a good chance he is making that small raise with hands other than AA. Has anyone had success getting a raiser to fold by making this kind of suspicious reraise? I'm just not good enough to fold KK there and if I double up I'm above average with a nice stack.

madmisha 11-16-2005 12:44 PM

No one is good enough to fold KK here.

Sam T. 11-16-2005 01:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the input. I did push and he called with AA and I busted out.

I would do the same thing again because I think there is a good chance he is making that small raise with hands other than AA. Has anyone had success getting a raiser to fold by making this kind of suspicious reraise?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a hard question to answer, because it will depend on all sorts of factors. A small raise will get the villain to fold if he is weak-tight, if he is on complete garbage, or has a easily dominated hand. If I raise with AJo in CO+1, and face a re-raise on the button (or worse, a RR and a call from the blinds) I probably dump it if I don't have a read. Not too many people are re-raising with AT in this position. (This may be the weak-tight example I mentioned above.)

That said, for most on-line tournament getting villains to fold after they've made an initial raise is a losing battle. Don't try it.

SossMan 11-16-2005 01:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No one is terrible enough to fold KK here.

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp