Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Biggest winner/s at Party Limit Holdem? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=378660)

Smoothcall 11-15-2005 05:30 AM

Re: Biggest winner/s at Party Limit Holdem?

Maybe because they want the fish for themselves in the 30-60 so they tell you its bad and tough to win?

jdp 11-15-2005 07:39 AM

I assume he's doing better than 3 bb/100 then?

11-15-2005 09:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Depends on the limits...Some say the 30 game is softer than the 20 and 15.

Brian R

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this true and if so, why do I always here so much bitching about how tough the 30 is?

[/ QUOTE ]

coming from someone who has played a large number of hands in both the 20 and the 30, the 30 is far tougher than the 20 and its not close IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

It makes me laugh that you were pretty much exclusively a small stakes poster until recently, then you came here all a-jitter about your first few hands at mid-migh, and now you stroll around MH like you own the place. A "large number" of hands at both limits is about 200k, son. Get back to us when you've played that many.

Lol (see? laughing ...)

tongni 11-15-2005 10:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Kukavic
SteveG (2+2)
Ramabird
GAescapee

[/ QUOTE ]

At least two of these are breakeven at best.

tongni 11-15-2005 10:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is this true and if so, why do I always here so much bitching about how tough the 30 is?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's kind of similar to the difference between 10/20 6m and 5/10 6m. It's more aggressive and people are slightly better hand readers. That said, I think it's possible to have around similar winrates for both 20/40 and 30/60 once you make the correct adjustments.

ggbman 11-15-2005 10:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Brian R

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

coming from someone who has played a large number of hands in both the 20 and the 30, the 30 is far tougher than the 20 and its not close IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

It makes me laugh that you were pretty much exclusively a small stakes poster until recently, then you came here all a-jitter about your first few hands at mid-migh, and now you stroll around MH like you own the place. A "large number" of hands at both limits is about 200k, son. Get back to us when you've played that many.

Lol (see? laughing ...)

[/ QUOTE ]

It makes me laugh that you have 122 posts and waste time starting [censored] like this. Who really cares if his sample of "significant" is suffient to your standards?

Lol (see, i'm laughing...)

TylerD 11-15-2005 11:01 AM

What's the 15/30 like now that they've added 30/60 and 20/40? How does it compare to the "old" 15 and 5/10, 10/20?

DrGutshot 11-15-2005 12:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Brian R

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol (see? laughing ...)

[/ QUOTE ]

you are annoying

-DrG

DcifrThs 11-15-2005 12:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Kukavic
SteveG (2+2)
Ramabird
GAescapee

[/ QUOTE ]

At least two of these are breakeven at best.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know GAescape and steveG aren't break even. thats a fact. so your contention is that ramabird is breakeven? (i dont know the first guy)

Barron

DcifrThs 11-15-2005 01:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Brian R

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol (see? laughing ...)

[/ QUOTE ]

never in recent memory have i seen such an instance of pot calling ketle black.

Barron