Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   K9s flops book-end straight in raised family pot (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=378290)

11-14-2005 04:33 PM

Re: K9s flops book-end straight in raised family pot

[ QUOTE ]
say I raise to $300, what if the PFR pushes behind me? what if someone else does?

what's my plan for a blank turn if the PFR calls my flop raise? how about for paint or [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

PFR cannot push behind you, as $300 sets her all-in. If someone else pushes behind you, you have to call and lose to AK or stack a set. I think the cold caller cold calling the flop would worry me the most here. I would then push any non-diamond turn. If you have an amazing read that will enable you to fold to a push on the flop, then raise instead to somewhere around $225-$250, and still push a non-diamond turn.

the machine 11-14-2005 04:35 PM

no i dont like the buttons call at all with 3 people behind him. he needs to realize that you already made a big bet and there are short stacks that will most likely get in the hand with the amount of odds here. also with many people in the hand even if his straight is best at the point it may be wise to give it up because he is behind to 3 people in the pot.. say flush draw, 2 pair, and set not of the 2 pair cards. hes 41% with all these hands in there so it may be wise to lay it down knowing that there are 2 other hands also that have him beat at this point. good bet

11-14-2005 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone like button's call?

[/ QUOTE ]

In her spot, the clock gets put on me, times out, and the dealer forces me to fold. I don't like calling in her spot.

kurto 11-14-2005 04:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone like button's call?

[/ QUOTE ]

Preflop - I like her call preflop better then yours.
Postflop- I like your play better then hers. If there's a lot of action, you quickly learn why its the donkey end of the straight.

I really advocate a fold on your hand preflop. You'll rarely be drawing to the nuts. With that hand, you really want a flush. You had the perfect straight for your hand... and you couldn't feel great about it because its beaten by the one card everyone raises with... AK.

This is one of those hands where you hit great and AK wasn't there so it feels great. But if I was in the hand and AK was there... I'd feel pretty dumb since its such a strong possibility.

BigBiceps 11-14-2005 05:12 PM

I would have folded preflop for $5, then I would have folded to the $25 raise.

On the flop I would call and wait to see that the preflop raiser doesn't raise, with something he is likely to have, for example that has you dominated like AK. If the preflop raiser raises I would fold. Yes, sometimes you fold the winner if he raises here with other likely holdings AA, KK, QQ, JJ ...

If it gets called around an an innocuous nonpair nonflush card comes, then I would look to get the money in there. But, basically you have a drawing hand here with the second nuts with so many people in that you are drawing to no diamond, no king, no flush card, and probably a non-paired board. I think pushing the money in on the flop is just going to get you called in multiple places anyway and would look for a better spot.