Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   A-Rod MVP (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=378267)

technologic 11-14-2005 05:33 PM

Re: A-Rod MVP

[ QUOTE ]
I just saw this on ESPN news. That's the right choice.

[/ QUOTE ]

can i get an encore
do you want more
cookin raw with the brooklyn boys

MCS 11-14-2005 07:13 PM

Good. About time they got one right.

Jack of Arcades 11-14-2005 07:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Weren't Tim Raines and Andre Dawson co-MVPs one year? I could look it up, but meh...

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

istewart 11-14-2005 08:09 PM

Standard.

andyfox 11-15-2005 12:46 AM

Willie Stargell and Keith Hernandez tied one year.

11-15-2005 05:55 AM

Ortiz was more valuable to his team, and more valuable in late inning close games

Arod was good and pilling on runs in blowouts, and disappearing in the postseason

andyfox 11-15-2005 02:12 PM

How did those Red Sox games get to be close in the first place? How did the Yankee games get to be blowouts? If Ortiz had better numbers in the late innings of close games, maybe his worse numbers in the early innings were one of the reasons the games were close to begin with. You don't get extra credit for a run scored in the 8th vs. a run scored in the 4th. A-Rod contributed more wins to his team than did Ortiz. The two teams won the same number of games.

A-Rod is a .330 hitter with a .978 OPS in the post-season, vs. .307/.962 regular season.

11-15-2005 02:23 PM

I just don't understand why New York doesn't like ARod? All the papers act like he didn't deserve it and should have been given to someone else. Damn yankees (northern people, not the actual team)

Matt Williams 11-15-2005 02:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just don't understand why New York doesn't like ARod? All the papers act like he didn't deserve it and should have been given to someone else. Damn yankees (northern people, not the actual team)

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's the media that doesn't like A-Rod. I'm a Yankee fan and he is one of my favorite players. I don't know any Yankee fans that don't like him. If anything negative is said about him, it's about how much money he makes, not how he plays. Except for Jeter and Mariano, he's probably the most popular Yankee player today. On the other hand, I don't know a single Mets fan that likes him. So having the Mets in NY may have a factor in how the media portrays A-Rod.

pokerdirty 11-15-2005 03:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's something to do with the fact that he has not yet succeeded in the playoffs yet, and that is a big strike against him. That being said, I'm glad he's a Yankee. Sooner or later he's going to come around, right?