Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Live 1/2NL Deeep...Boat Interesting river (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=378235)

Andrew Fletcher 11-14-2005 07:35 PM

Re: Live 1/2NL Deeep...Boat Interesting river

He re-raises with AK, not AQ. He's TAG.

ahnuld 11-14-2005 08:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He re-raises with AK, not AQ. He's TAG.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, ok I agree, but then you advocate getting it allin? WHY? so you can say it was unlikely for him to have QQ or TT. ur ahead alot here but pushing does no good. Just causes AA KK to fold if he raised them anyway (which I doubt, he would flat call)

HoldEmKillah 11-14-2005 08:41 PM

There's one more reason I pushed and I forgot to mention this in the original post. When he reraised me with AK, the action went like this:

UTG raises to $10, call, call, I raise to $50 then he mini-reraises to $100. DONKISH.

So even though a good TAG wouldn't reraise with AQ I felt THAT HE WOULD considering 1)his donkish miniraise w/AK as mentioned and 2)to isolate me, the fish. So AQ could be there. And AQ was more likely than QQ and 10 10 the only other hands he raises on the end.

Wayfare 11-14-2005 08:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OK. Just wanted to make sure no one thought it was just a call on the end. I pushed and did have QQ. Oh well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait...you PUSHED?!?!

HoldEmKillah 11-14-2005 08:53 PM

Yeah why are you yelling? Am I getting a time out now?

Wayfare 11-14-2005 09:34 PM

Reading your comments about his previous donkishness, I guess he could call with AQ/KQ...I would have called the bet.

I have not played very many 1-2 players to try that river action with anything less than a higher full than you have.

lapoker17 11-14-2005 09:43 PM

Since this was live 1/2 and guy was a donk, you really should've been able to pick something up during the action that would allow you to get away.

HoldEmKillah 11-14-2005 10:05 PM

oh come on. Like what? Him breathing too heavy? His nostrils flaring? I'm teasing (kinda). You play live more than me so give me some random example.

BobboFitos 11-14-2005 10:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
oh come on. Like what? Him breathing too heavy? His nostrils flaring? I'm teasing (kinda). You play live more than me so give me some random example.

[/ QUOTE ]

like splooging his pants

flawless_victory 11-14-2005 10:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Villian raises to $30

Flop ($65) Q Q 2 : check check

Turn ($65) 5 : I check, villian bets $20

hello.