Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Paying people off. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=377979)

RED_RAIN 11-14-2005 06:01 PM

Re: Paying people off.

Against someone who is .5 aggression. I'd fold the turn.

phish 11-14-2005 06:05 PM

If he had AK or AQ (or even AJ), he likely would have reraised pre-flop. So if he has an A, there's a very good chance that your kicker is good. Shouldn't even consider folding the river.

charlieD 11-14-2005 06:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If he had AK or AQ (or even AJ), he likely would have reraised pre-flop. So if he has an A, there's a very good chance that your kicker is good. Shouldn't even consider folding the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

loose passives rarely reraise these hands preflop

1800GAMBLER 11-14-2005 06:47 PM

I can see the purpose calling the turn and folding the river serves but not too sure if it's correct without working it out.

From combinations you are winning about 60% of the time considering he'd play little aces this way. You only need to win 10% of the time. So he would only have to bet his little aces 17% of the time's he held them for you to be correct to call.

Do 1/5 of the players with these stats bet the river AND c/r the flop with A2? I don't think so. The reason i don't think that is because i don't think the c/r the flop rather than the river bet so i would be more inclined the fold the turn.

CardSharpCook 11-14-2005 07:22 PM

For clarity, he raised the flop. He has position.

marsvolta619 11-14-2005 07:32 PM

I'm just wondering does anyone try to win this hand here or do you automatically give him credit for a better ace? Even LPPs know how to play position

DpR 11-14-2005 07:44 PM

I think folding the turn is bad here. AJ is the most likely holding and you have 8 outs to chop and 3 to win. I also think that this type player is calling all suited aces preflop and raising them maybe 50% of the time on this flop.

Bet folding the river agaisnt this player seems best since I do not think he is raising a worse hand. Check call is OK.

SO, I think folding the river is better than folding the turn. But, I think you are good enough here for the river call.

AceHigh 11-14-2005 08:11 PM

Isn't this how a loose, passive player plays AK? You can probably fold on the flop.

daryn 11-14-2005 10:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I really think I'm calling down hoping to catch a split pot or a miracle T which may or may not be good.

[/ QUOTE ]

it's bad. very bad.

CardSharpCook 11-14-2005 11:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I really think I'm calling down hoping to catch a split pot or a miracle T which may or may not be good.

[/ QUOTE ]

it's bad. very bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

either you need to speak in complete sentences, or I need to be more clear in mine. What I was saying is that IF I choose to not to fold, then all I have is the HOPE that I will "catch a split pot or a miracle T which may or may not be good." What do you mean when you say:
[ QUOTE ]
it's bad. very bad.

[/ QUOTE ]