Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Bubble Hand (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=377364)

Scuba Chuck 11-14-2005 02:05 PM

Re: Bubble Hand

[ QUOTE ]
I'm surprised at the replies so far. I think this is a pretty gross hand. I think you're better off folding and pushing your sb or button. You do have FE pushing 3.5 bb's, I don't understand that comment indicating you don't. Flop is again dumb I think. He calls with like anything. That's the problem with pf, on the flop he gets money in first.

[/ QUOTE ]

How much FE do I have with 3.5 BBs against a bigstack who has 25.5 BBs? And how do I play if I'm not the first one in the pot? Each hand I wait, I have fewer and fewer chips. If I wait until I'm UTG, I will have 3.5 BBs, with the following stacks waiting to call behind me.

1 25.5 BB
2 21.5 BB
3 17 BB (assumes I fold this hand in question)

I don't think I have any FE anytime soon.

bigt439 11-14-2005 02:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm surprised at the replies so far. I think this is a pretty gross hand. I think you're better off folding and pushing your sb or button. You do have FE pushing 3.5 bb's, I don't understand that comment indicating you don't. Flop is again dumb I think. He calls with like anything. That's the problem with pf, on the flop he gets money in first.

[/ QUOTE ]

How much FE do I have with 3.5 BBs against a bigstack who has 25.5 BBs? And how do I play if I'm not the first one in the pot? Each hand I wait, I have fewer and fewer chips. If I wait until I'm UTG, I will have 3.5 BBs, with the following stacks waiting to call behind me.

1 25.5 BB
2 21.5 BB

[/ QUOTE ]

While I agree you are not in a great spot, I don't think you put yourself in a better one by playing the hand like this. I mean sure there calling ranges are fairly sizeable, but obviously you have FE. No one is calling any two against you. I'm always surprised at how much people fold against pushes from stacks like yours.

I don't understand how you can be so concerned with FE and then push this flop.

Scuba Chuck 11-14-2005 02:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

1 25.5 BB
2 21.5 BB

[/ QUOTE ]

While I agree you are not in a great spot, I don't think you put yourself in a better one by playing the hand like this. I mean sure there calling ranges are fairly sizeable, but obviously you have FE. No one is calling any two against you. I'm always surprised at how much people fold against pushes from stacks like yours.

I don't understand how you can be so concerned with FE and then push this flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you fail to see the value in this bluff.