Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   A conversation w/ daryn re: being a teacher (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=377119)

Homer 11-12-2005 05:41 PM

Re: A conversation w/ daryn re: being a teacher

[ QUOTE ]
poiled, bratty or uncontrollable kids sometimes ruin the experience.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds about right. If you're not already a jaded prick, you will be after teaching for a couple years.

tdarko 11-12-2005 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you under estimate how much work goes into being a teacher, especially science teacher. plus he cant play poker in the classroom. plus the pay sucks. i think hed be better off just volunteering so he could teach without the commitment and beuracracy(sp).

[/ QUOTE ]
this is actually correct. all my friends are boring cause all they do is frickin' grade papers and have to wake up early etc.

best bet is to be something like a college english professor. my college english professor's were remarkable and yet they put little time into the class and obviously college hours are better than HS and MS hours.

Ulysses 11-12-2005 05:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Unfortunately, he won't be working with hot 20-something chicks, assuming he'd be teaching physics/science.

[/ QUOTE ]

Teacher's lounge, baby.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never seen any hot 20-something teachers at my school in the teacher's lounge. Hopefully, he'll have better luck.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've had a lot of friends who are teachers and a lot of them (and their friends) have been hot, young women. This is based on experience in Texas and California. YMMV elsewhere.

I have also met some hot young teachers at bars and stuff. They really like to party.

Also, don't forget about the chicks in programs like TFA that will want to bang daryn!

zephed 11-12-2005 05:43 PM

Yeah, he probably won't have much time, especially in his first couple of years.

private joker 11-12-2005 05:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am about to student teach in the fall. ... if your making a ton ....

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh-oh. Lemme guess: public school.

Ulysses 11-12-2005 05:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think you under estimate how much work goes into being a teacher, especially science teacher. plus he cant play poker in the classroom. plus the pay sucks. i think hed be better off just volunteering so he could teach without the commitment and beuracracy(sp).

[/ QUOTE ]
this is actually correct. all my friends are boring cause all they do is frickin' grade papers and have to wake up early etc.

best bet is to be something like a college english professor. my college english professor's were remarkable and yet they put little time into the class and obviously college hours are better than HS and MS hours.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good idea, get some good TAs to do all the work.

In this case, it would be important for daryn to check out the ethics policies in place to make sure it is a school where it is ok for him to bang students who are not in his class.

daryn 11-12-2005 05:45 PM

i like the professor angle, but that involves getting a phd.. a daunting task

chuddo 11-12-2005 05:45 PM

he is going to be teaching dodgeball and making fat kids run laps. no need for proper spelling.

scotty34 11-12-2005 05:45 PM

The hotness factor will really vary. Make sure to check that out before choosing a school. On the plus side, I'm in university now, and a ton of hot girls I know are going into the education program.

goofball 11-12-2005 05:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i like the professor angle, but that involves getting a phd.. a daunting task

[/ QUOTE ]

Plus you are usually expected to do things besides teach, like make discoveries.