Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Moneyline on the flu shot (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=376986)

11-12-2005 05:29 PM

Re: Moneyline on the flu shot

Last year, record low numbers of people recieved flu shots, there was also a record low number of cases, so they've made up this bird flu [censored] to scare everyone into getting the shots again. The only people getting bird flu are people that literally live with their poultry.

Oh yeah, and flu shots use mercury as a preservative. That's not good for you in case you didn't know.

MrMon 11-12-2005 05:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i think i am immune to the flu, is that possible? i never have had a flu shot, and i can't remember ever having the flu.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't believe anyone could be 'immune to the flu', because the virus mutates so often and quickly. You probably have a strong immune system.

I got the shot to calm wifey's nerves about our toddler catching it from one of us. Now I'm pissed off [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, it's the other way around. Your toddler is more likely to give it to you, especially in they are in any sort of daycare or play group. With no immunity to flu, they pick it up quickly and bring it home.

MrMon 11-12-2005 05:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Last year, record low numbers of people recieved flu shots, there was also a record low number of cases, so they've made up this bird flu [censored] to scare everyone into getting the shots again. The only people getting bird flu are people that literally live with their poultry.

Oh yeah, and flu shots use mercury as a preservative. That's not good for you in case you didn't know.

[/ QUOTE ]

Flu shots have nothing to do with bird flu. The current flu shots do nothing to prevent bird flu. When/if bird flu mutates into a human communicable form, you'll pray for a vaccine, trust me. It'll be 6-8 weeks of total fear.

Rather than fear-mongering about mercury in flu vaccine, you might try looking for facts from experts, not people with an agenda.

CDC Q&A On Mercury and Flu Vaccine

cardcounter0 11-12-2005 06:04 PM

Yeah, Yeah, it is perfectly safe. But for some reason ALL the drug companies got together and want to reduce or eliminate it as a "precaution". You might want to look at the rates of children becoming autistic and vacines also.

Of course, it is soooo safe, the President fought long and hard to make sure you can't sue drug companies for the damage they might do, specifically for vacinations.
[img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

11-12-2005 06:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Flu shots have nothing to do with bird flu. The current flu shots do nothing to prevent bird flu. When/if bird flu mutates into a human communicable form, you'll pray for a vaccine, trust me. It'll be 6-8 weeks of total fear.

Rather than fear-mongering about mercury in flu vaccine, you might try looking for facts from experts, not people with an agenda.

[/ QUOTE ]
What the hell? I'm fear-mongering about mercury being dangerous while you talk about a virus that has a very small possibility of mutating to a human form causing "6-8 weeks of total fear". Sure you aren't the fearmonger here?

And why do you assume the government agency you linked to doesn't have an agenda? Don't know if you've learned this yet but government officials are capable of lying and conniving. Surprise.

As cardcounter alluded to, if thimerasol mercury is so safe, why are thimerasol free vaccines now available for a hefty price?

imported_ncray 11-12-2005 07:06 PM

I received the flu shot weeks ago and never got sick.

mason55 11-12-2005 07:10 PM

Maybe they're alergic to the albumen?

11-12-2005 07:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe they're alergic to the albumen?

[/ QUOTE ]
Some people are allergic to the neomycin and streptomycin antibiotics in vaccines.

Wouldn't be surprised if people had reactions to ethylene glycol(that's antifreeze) or formaldehyde common in vaccines either.

ChipWrecked 11-12-2005 08:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Actually, it's the other way around. Your toddler is more likely to give it to you, especially in they are in any sort of daycare or play group. With no immunity to flu, they pick it up quickly and bring it home.

[/ QUOTE ]

No daycare. [censored] no.

highlife 11-12-2005 09:24 PM

there is no reason for a healthy adult under 60 to get a flu shot.

skip the shot.