Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Missing Bets? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=376932)

gaming_mouse 11-12-2005 10:27 AM

Re: Missing Bets?

[ QUOTE ]

is he raising this turn with hands you don't beat? I can't see someone raising this turn with a flush draw or 7-weak kicker against your aggression pre-flop, on the flop and on the turn

[/ QUOTE ]

1. Why cant you see a fd raising? People often make such semi-bluffs.

2. Are you suggesting I can fold to a t/r? I have outs.

2+2 wannabe 11-12-2005 10:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

is he raising this turn with hands you don't beat? I can't see someone raising this turn with a flush draw or 7-weak kicker against your aggression pre-flop, on the flop and on the turn

[/ QUOTE ]

1. Why cant you see a fd raising? People often make such semi-bluffs.

2. Are you suggesting I can fold to a t/r? I have outs.

[/ QUOTE ]

no not at all - I'm just trying to understand better

I'm not trying to make the play seem bad or anything - just trying to see why people play it their way

isn't it pretty rare to see someone semi bluff raise the flop AND the turn? especially an unknown?

Roy6 11-12-2005 10:51 AM

If you check-raise turn and will be 3-bet you have to call getting 9:1

gaming_mouse 11-12-2005 10:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]

isn't it pretty rare to see someone semi bluff the flop AND the turn? especially an unknown?

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, somewhat rare. but not so rare that i feel safe i'm not getting raised. keep in mind that AJ or KJ might raise the turn as well, thinking that I was merely defending against a freecard play. the point is, since i want to see a showdown, i'm not gonna like paying 2 on the turn, and this is a distinct possiblity of i donkbet.

EDIT: c/raising the turn is a different story, since now you have some fold equity against at least some hands that beat yours. but i'm not convinced a turn c/r is right either, because not all that many hands fall into this category.

2+2 wannabe 11-12-2005 10:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

isn't it pretty rare to see someone semi bluff the flop AND the turn? especially an unknown?

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, somewhat rare. but not so rare that i feel safe i'm not getting raised. keep in mind that AJ or KJ might raise the turn as well, thinking that I was merely defending against a freecard play. the point is, since i want to see a showdown, i'm not gonna like paying 2 on the turn, and this is a distinct possiblity of i donkbet.

[/ QUOTE ]

that makes sense

it just seems weird to be giving free cards with a decent but vulnerable hand (especially with the flush draw out there)

I would think check/calling the turn would be the worst of check/raising, bet/calling and bet/folding - but can be persuaded otherwise

gaming_mouse 11-12-2005 11:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]

it just seems weird to be giving free cards with a decent but vulnerable hand (especially with the flush draw out there)

[/ QUOTE ]
a fd at 5/10 short is going to be betting this turn for me like 90% of the time.
[ QUOTE ]

I would think check/calling the turn would be the worst of check/raising, bet/calling and bet/folding - but can be persuaded otherwise

[/ QUOTE ]

bet folding is pretty bad, since you have outs.

a case can be made me for bet/calling and folding the river UI, but i still dont like it.

i think its pretty clearly between c/calling and c/raising.

Moozh 11-12-2005 12:26 PM

If you're worried about the flush draw, why not donk the turn and call down if raised?

Evan 11-12-2005 12:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think that checkraising the turn is a decent idea here, since you can comfortably fold to a reraise.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think you should be too comfortable folding getting 9:1 with a hand that could very well be drawing live.

gaming_mouse 11-12-2005 02:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you're worried about the flush draw, why not donk the turn and call down if raised?

[/ QUOTE ]

read my previous posts -- i explained why i'm not crazy about this.