Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   10/25 AA... (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=376847)

ML4L 11-12-2005 01:40 PM

Re: 10/25 AA...

Hey JMa,

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

If you were an opponent, would you call a push with QQ here? Would you call a smaller reraise?

Also, people need to keep in mind that SB's play looks a lot like a misclick...

Hope it worked out.

ML4L

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesnt look like a misclick. Looks like a standard donkraise. Pushing here seeems more illegitimate. I dont think many ppl 3bet preflop with thrash, its a lot more common to push pre with thrash.

Id rather call the push than the RR as I surely wont have enough implied odds to call.

[/ QUOTE ]

What are you talking about?

ML4L

flawless_victory 11-12-2005 01:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey JMa,

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

If you were an opponent, would you call a push with QQ here? Would you call a smaller reraise?

Hope it worked out.

ML4L

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesnt look like a misclick. Looks like a standard donkraise. Pushing here seeems more illegitimate. I dont think many ppl 3bet preflop with thrash, its a lot more common to push pre with thrash.

Id rather call the push than the RR as I surely wont have enough implied odds to call.

[/ QUOTE ]

ML4L

[/ QUOTE ]
uh?
everything in his post was pretty clear.

Yeti 11-12-2005 02:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

uh?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, I agree, it was crystal-clear. ML4L, your post was thrash.

ML4L 11-12-2005 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

It doesnt look like a misclick.

[/ QUOTE ]

What would a misclick look like?

[ QUOTE ]
Looks like a standard donkraise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Standard? I personally don't see the min-reraise after a late position open and coldcall very often. I must be playing in the wrong games.

[ QUOTE ]
Pushing here seeems more illegitimate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Putting another raise in here is screaming that you have a big hand, regardless of the amount. But, putting in your entire stack after two people have shown strength is FAR more obvious than some other amount, IMO.

[ QUOTE ]
I dont think many ppl 3bet preflop with thrash, its a lot more common to push pre with thrash.

[/ QUOTE ]

With no information on the players, I don't belive a push with trash to be common here in a full game.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you call, you aren't calling for the sake of implied odds. This is the part in particular that I was reference when I wondered what you were talking about...?

ML4L

ML4L 11-12-2005 02:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

uh?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, I agree, it was crystal-clear. ML4L, your post was thrash.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's hear your thoughts.

ML4L

ML4L 11-12-2005 02:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hey JMa,

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Hope it worked out.

ML4L

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ML4L

[/ QUOTE ]
uh?

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps I'm slow. If it's not too much trouble, could you go ahead and explain why you think a push is best in the absence of image considerations?

ML4L

Ulysses 11-12-2005 03:43 PM

In certain games, a lot players only reraise big here w/ AA and KK. These same players will sometimes push w/ smaller pairs and AK. Sometimes they will make a move w/ worse to pick up the pot. I assume that's what people are getting at.

ML4L 11-12-2005 04:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In certain games, a lot players only reraise big here w/ AA and KK. These same players will sometimes push w/ smaller pairs and AK. Sometimes they will make a move w/ worse to pick up the pot. I assume that's what people are getting at.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I mean, I know what people are getting at, but I just really don't think that it's valid in a full game where nobody has any reads. Certainly, there are some guys against whom you would rather call a push than a smaller reraise. But, I think that there are also guys against whom you would rather see a smaller raise than a huge overbet push.

IMO, I think that you are more likely to give people reasons to drop a hand than make a big call by pushing here. I guess others don't agree. Oh well.

I'm curious what you and others who play on UB think...

ML4L

Marnixvdb 11-12-2005 04:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you call, you aren't calling for the sake of implied odds. This is the part in particular that I was reference when I wondered what you were talking about...?

ML4L

[/ QUOTE ]

I read it as though he took the minraisers perspective: If you'd be facing a 3bet, would you sooner call a push or a reraise that won't give you implied odds?

Marnix

ericlambi 11-12-2005 05:06 PM

Raises to $750 and hopes to get it all-in pre-flop?