Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   ($27) AKo hand (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=376672)

bluefeet 11-11-2005 09:46 PM

Re: ($27) AKo hand

[ QUOTE ]
Though there's a fair chance you're beating the horrible SB, I think you are AT BEST splitting against UTG+1, whom I have trouble putting on anything besides AK/AA-QQ here. It's super rare IMO that he will have re-raised preflop with AhJh/AhTh. Muck.

I'd also probably muck preflop against an EP 3-bettor, but I understand calling with the virtually dead money SB is contributing to the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

^

Eric Draven 11-11-2005 10:19 PM

I think I would have folded pre-flop, like others said... But then again there are a lot of donks at the 27s, like other have said...

I usually fold, but based on reads... I'm not sure, it's a little closer, but I think I still fold. Based on reads I wouldn't complain too much on a call.

durron597 11-11-2005 10:58 PM

RESULTS

Everyone was right, except for me, who called... EP raiser had AA (surprise), SB had Jh9h for a flush draw (another surprise), but I made runner runner broadway so all was good.

GtrHtr 11-12-2005 01:41 AM

PF, I'd limp from that position, 2/3 of the time on a deep stack game early on when a player raises before me. I'd call the PF raise after you.

On the flop bet 1/2 the pot. Play from there but fold to a push. I could care less if he had AK also.

bennies 11-12-2005 06:22 AM

Re: RESULTS

nh

Scuba Chuck 11-12-2005 06:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I'd also probably muck preflop against an EP 3-bettor, but I understand calling with the virtually dead money SB is contributing to the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh, very thoughtful analysis. I've never considered this point.

bigt439 11-12-2005 12:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think this might even be a fold preflop (after the re-re-raise). Certainly I can't imagine calling the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am folding preflop for sure here. If you hit and are good you make little off his range, if you miss you're shot, and if you hit and are behind sometimes you get stacked.

I can't even imagine calling on the flop. I think it's a very bad call. Not saying that to be a dick, just to emphasize that this probably isn't very close.

jeffraider 11-12-2005 12:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you hit and are good you make little off his range, if you miss you're shot, and if you hit and are behind sometimes you get stacked.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah that was my first thought for folding preflop too. How do you get paid by this kind of reraising range? Of course he could be a kook and not have AK/AA-QQ but I'm positive he's not a kook often enough to make calling preflop good.

mlagoo 11-12-2005 03:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Everyone was right, except for me, who called... EP raiser had AA (surprise), SB had Jh9h for a flush draw (another surprise), but I made runner runner broadway so all was good.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is just another good beat post. mods lock thread plz.

durron597 11-12-2005 05:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this is just another good beat post. mods lock thread plz.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it really isn't. You wouldn't have said that until I posted results - if it was, you would be like "this is a stupid thread, why are you posting it"?