Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Live Poker (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=376586)

magicmntn 11-11-2005 08:29 PM

Re: Live Poker

Ok the clown will speak up. Actually I play a mixture of live and online. I play at Commerce at least 2 days a week. That being said, you still lost too little money. I do not think you necessarily needed to "get it all in as fast as possible". But at some point before the river you need to see where you are at. Checking the flop and calling the turn gives you no information. Yes the preflop minraise is scary. Were there any limpers before you raised? A minraise heads up is even more scary, but a min raise with limpers could just be Pot Building 101 as the locals like to say. But unless this was the first hand this guy has played in 20 orbits and you KNOW he has AA, KK, or 10 10, you need to get some information here. Hence my comment that you should have lost a lot more than you did.

FWIW, he played the hand even worse. The way he played the hand you could very easily have QJ. He couldn't raise the river.

lapoker17 11-11-2005 08:32 PM

I know he's a good player - I was just needling.

magicmntn 11-11-2005 08:37 PM

So there were no limpers in between. But you still couldn't automatically put him on a higher set. I am just curious why you didn't bet somewhere before the river to try to glean some kind of information.

and wtf was the villain doing?

Percula 11-11-2005 08:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Eh, it was live - that's all you can really say I guess.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont know how many times I have been in a similar spot, only to find out "I like you kid, that's why I didn't raise you". It is almost like an old regular that just wants to keep the game 100% friendly.

I guess "It's live" says it all...

lapoker17 11-11-2005 08:46 PM

The thing is, at no point in the hand did I need to "find out where I was", I essentially knew where I was. That said, I'm not folding to his 1/4 pot turn bet, nor his 1/3 pot river bet - maybe I should have.

My river raise was dumb.

Had to be there I guess.

magicmntn 11-11-2005 08:58 PM

I guess knowing thy opponent is key. I think it comes down to respect. There is a lot more respect for other people's play live. Online there is none. I think you have to be able to look at someone to have respect.

Ulysses 11-11-2005 09:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you have to be able to look at someone to have respect.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are a lot of online players whose play I respect a ton.

BobboFitos 11-11-2005 11:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

me2

flawless_victory 11-12-2005 12:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
quit nigga, im blushing.

ezratei 11-12-2005 02:01 AM

i cannot create a private table right now