Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   $55: I still have no idea how to play JJ (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=375916)

11-11-2005 10:51 AM

Re: $55: I still have no idea how to play JJ

The observant student will notice that hero had the Js. No donk shortage here.

bawcerelli 11-11-2005 10:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ty for pointing it out. and now the super super observant student will notice he couldn't have had QJ clubs for the backdoor flush. he did have a backdoor two pair draw though.

11-11-2005 10:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have no idea what I'd do if he had checked the flop. Probably bet it.

For those who are wondering he had QJ, TT checkraised all-in and he called.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hero had J of spades. From the hands I've seen posted of the 55's, it seems like they play no different than the 11's. Maybe that's just because people post them for the ridiculous nature of them?

did he at least have QJ spades? at any rate, the guy with TT has balls. or is a donk.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hero had J of spades. From the hands I've seen posted of the 55's, it seems like they play no different than the 11's. Maybe that's just because people post them for the ridiculous nature of them? I mean, I can't see anybody who's played more than 150 SNGs making plays like these.

bawcerelli 11-11-2005 11:01 AM

they're tougher than the 11's, but you'd be surprised how bad some players are.

tigerite 11-11-2005 11:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
they're tougher than the 11's, but you'd be surprised how bad some players are.

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen to that.

11-11-2005 11:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ty for pointing it out. and now the super super observant student will notice he couldn't have had QJ clubs for the backdoor flush. he did have a backdoor two pair draw though.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, now the call makes sense.

11-11-2005 12:56 PM

First hand? If I think I'm better than most of the competition (and I do at $55), then I fold preflop. Why get involved with a hand you might win a small pot, unless you trip, or lose a big one. Use your skill to beat these, not the first decent looking hand.

Later, if that guy is pushy, I'll reraise him (not call) with JJ preflop and make him pay to outdraw me (betting about 130% of the pot - unless that's going to pot commit me, then it's all going in).

Much Later - I'll push anyway ;-)

That answer would change if, say, I was playing a 1-winner double shootout, where I need a stack to work with - then I play this hand hard, cross my fingers and either move on or have some chips to work with (against great players).