Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Where to get a good suit? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=374087)

Cumulonimbus 11-08-2005 04:17 AM

Re: Where to get a good suit?

[ QUOTE ]
I'm going to be the best man at my brother's wedding in Italy in a few weeks and I need a suit. I've never bought a suit before and have no idea what to look for or what I should expect to spend.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ron Burgundy needs advice on where to buy a suit? Shiiiiiiiiiiit.

Cumulonimbus 11-08-2005 04:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If I was going to Italy and I needed to buy clothes, I would definitely wait until I was in Italy to buy them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tron 11-08-2005 04:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm going to be the best man at my brother's wedding in Italy in a few weeks and I need a suit. I've never bought a suit before and have no idea what to look for or what I should expect to spend.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ron Burgundy needs advice on where to buy a suit? Shiiiiiiiiiiit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I thought he wore suits so fine they made Sinatra look like a bum.

chisness 11-08-2005 04:37 AM

go to Nordstrom Rack and you can get a reasonable one for like $300. don't waste money on a better brand just for the name because people can spend up to 10k on these so it's not like yours will be that great anyway.

tonypaladino 11-08-2005 06:44 AM

Men's Warehouse

[i]You're gonna like they way you look.
I guarantee It.

Ulysses 11-08-2005 06:51 AM

How much you wanna spend? Macy's often has some pretty good deals on reasonable suits.

ChicagoTroy 11-08-2005 11:35 AM

Correct. It's rare in most of Europe and S.A.

IndieMatty 11-08-2005 11:38 AM

Brooks Brothers; also Macys always has sales on all types of suits.

Los Feliz Slim 11-08-2005 11:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
think about it. the roundtrip airfare is probably $300. You can stay at the Commerce and earn your suit. Kambiz will hook you up the suit for you, for cheap, $300-400 for some sweet threads. I think he steals the [censored]. so basically if you go to Nordstrom's you're gonna fork out minimum $1300 for a decent suit. Trust me you don't want to be cheap when you buy a suit.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is intruiging, as I live in LA and need some suits. Have you been to the Barney's Wearhouse Sale? That's usually where I get my business clothes, but I missed the August round and it's not back until February.

Mars357 11-08-2005 11:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Men's Warehouse

You're gonna like they way you look.
I guarantee It.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the correct answer. Their service is awesome and they have some very nice suits. Nordstrom? Give me a [censored]' break....