Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Calling down the fish (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=374056)

JDalla 11-08-2005 05:33 AM

Re: Calling down the fish

I like 3 bet preflop and call,call, call, call, call, call, call... lol (oh, and bet flop)

aba20 11-08-2005 05:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If he's bad, I like it, if he's decent, I can find a turn fold here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think you can fold the turn here. You got the best card, not counting a 9, in the deck with the A pairing. I do think a river fold is +EV.

Saborion 11-08-2005 05:54 AM

Check-raising the flop sucks. We're behind to his range of hands, he will never fold a better hand, and given that he's bad and loose he will often at least call the CR with many holdings that we beat at this point, which, depending on the turn card and opponents aggressiveness may put us in a tough spot.

Against someone who is willing to bet all the way, calling down should be the best line. What am I missing?

Saborion 11-08-2005 05:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah I think 3 betting pf and then leading out on the flop is better than cr the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]
I can see the value of 3-betting preflop against some opponents (all? we should be vary of doing it against good opponents?), but is it still a good play now that it's 3-handed?

joker122 11-08-2005 07:27 AM

what the? where did you come from?

brazilio 11-08-2005 07:42 AM

SVEDEN

jt1 11-08-2005 11:11 AM

Obviously you got it right. This guy put in 2.5 bb to win 5.5. But did you know that this guy would bet through with nothing? Because, if not then I'd play my line to try and intimidate at least one of the two players out on the flop. The pot would be big enough to try and win at that point. Even if villian bet flop and turn and checked river UI but bet river if improved, he'd be getting the right price for his efforts. So, I think you need a very specific read to make the play you made.

mtdoak 11-08-2005 12:05 PM

Bet/folding the flop isn;t a bad idea.

fyodor 11-08-2005 03:22 PM

Ok the reason I posted and asked about this one is because although it worked this time I'm not sure it's +ev long term even against a guy who I know will bet all the way with nothing.

I have 2 concerns with raising the flop
1- He folds when I could have just let him bluff off 2 more big bets as in the hand
2- He 3 bets with nothing and I fold the best hand

I am leaning towards 3 betting pf vs an opponent like this and hoping just to take it down with a flop bet. Even then though, I think he would really have to miss the flop to fold to my continuation bet. And if he doesn't, I have no idea where I'm at.

11-08-2005 03:27 PM

Not betting this flop is a big mistake.