Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   When should I have gotten out of this wild hand? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=374049)

TomBrooks 11-08-2005 03:07 AM

Re: When should I have gotten out of this wild hand?

[ QUOTE ]
you can probably guess what Button had.

[/ QUOTE ]
KJ, maybe KQ. Anyone who can find a place to fold KT here though is a better player than me.

11-08-2005 03:26 AM

ajm36 11-08-2005 06:13 AM

I really can't see how you fold this hand. I probably would have even raised the turn. Either way you have to call it down.

rgb 11-08-2005 08:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
When its 2 back to you on the turn

[/ QUOTE ]

My sarcasm meter isn't even jiggling. Are you serious? Even if somebody has the case king and has you out-kicked, you're getting 9:1 on the second call and you have 6 outs to a split and 3 to an outright win. I can't imagine why Hero isn't raising this river when bet into.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think hero should fold on the flop when it's 2 back to him.

When it's 2 back to hero on the flop , he may be getting a zillion/1 immediate odds but it looks like he may have to put in another 8BB to get to showdown so his effective odds are nearer 3/1 (and this is assuming everyone stays into the end).

With 3 opponents who love their hand on a KK6r board surely he's looking at 66 and Kx so he likely has 3 outs and should fold.

Trying to learn so can some of you guys explain the error in my thinking?

Thanks

rgb

11-08-2005 08:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
you can probably guess what Button had.

[/ QUOTE ]
KJ, maybe KQ. Anyone who can find a place to fold KT here though is a better player than me.

[/ QUOTE ]

... and me

11-08-2005 10:51 AM

*grunch*

I think UTG has the other K (probably KJ, KT, K9).

MP2 I'm giving A6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

I think Button wins the hand with 66.

I don't know whether I could get away from this.
I'd just be screaming for this hand to end

Only on Party would you get 4 players to the river on this hand.

11-08-2005 11:05 AM

I agree with the other newbie [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

You face a raise and reraise with the possibility of a flush and FH on the board (I ignore the gutshot because of the betting). Do you really think you can beat BOTH of them with your unconcealed trips?

If so I need to move over to Party...

11-08-2005 12:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My sarcasm meter isn't even jiggling. Are you serious? Even if somebody has the case king and has you out-kicked, you're getting 9:1 on the second call and you have 6 outs to a split and 3 to an outright win. I can't imagine why Hero isn't raising this river when bet into.

[/ QUOTE ]

When it's 2 back to hero on the flop , he may be getting a zillion/1 immediate odds but it looks like he may have to put in another 8BB to get to showdown so his effective odds are nearer 3/1 (and this is assuming everyone stays into the end).

With 3 opponents who love their hand on a KK6r board surely he's looking at 66 and Kx so he likely has 3 outs and should fold.

Thanks

rgb

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you've got to take the zillion-1 immediate odds and see the turn. I think you're correct that the effective odds are closer to 3-1 if we go to showdown. However, if we don't improve on the river we don't need to call the last 4 bets, improving the effective odds to 7 - 1 or better. Someone better at the math can figure it exactly.

I'd really hate to throw this hand away before the river with such a huge pot. I think we can be sure we're beat on the river and fold there, though. Having said that, I probably would have played it like OP [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

11-08-2005 12:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks

rgb

[/ QUOTE ]

The thing is that very rarely are you going to have to pay 8 bets to see a showdown. Usually someone will slow down.

bozlax 11-08-2005 12:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The errors in your thinking are: one, on the turn if he's up against Kx and 66 (or 77), then he's got 4 outs (one 7/6 and three tens) (not to mention that he's likely already ahead of Kx since there was no raise preflop); two, without better reads on your opponents you have no way of accurately predicting what the river action is going to be; and, three, without solid reads on your opponents there is no way you should be folding top trips, good kicker in a pot this big (assuming you're definitely up against 2 hands that have you beat is MUBS). Actually, I can't imagine a read good enough on my opponents to get me to fold this hand playing .5/1 on Party, et al.

Edit: whoa. Holy crap. I thought you were talking about the turn. You just can't fold this on the flop, no matter what. Again, you're likely ahead of Kx on the flop, and against 66 you've got 3 outs to the turn, 6 to the river (unless the turn is the unlikely case 6).