Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Psychology (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=373123)

11-07-2005 12:35 AM

Re: Small Stakes Hold\'em

The one thing I can tell about the 2/4 game at party is table selection is key .I imagine this is true of almost any game at any site, but I know it to be true of Party's 2/4. If you use tools like pokerace or pokeredge (damn I miss PE [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] ) you'll know there is a often huge difference in quality of play at one table vs another. Part of being a successful poker player is playing the best games you can find. Buddy list a few maniacs and follow them around. When a table goes TAG swallow your pride and leave.

joel2006 11-07-2005 01:01 AM

Dude, it's called "running bad" and you seem to be experiencing an extreme case of it, especially if your drawing rate is as bad as you say. I once ran bad for about 50k hands so i know what u are going through, but 182k is a very very bad run, it almost strains credulity. Have some one else review your hand histories to see if u are making any errors. But don't quit.

11-07-2005 07:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would agree with you that the number sounds improbable;

[/ QUOTE ]
In fact, it represents a net loss of $12,000 at 2/4, which is a lot of money to be throwing at that level (10 entire bankrolls worth!).

If you still love poker and want to work on your game, you might consider playing at a lower level for a while. And no multitabling, at least until you can consistently beat a single table. And take advantage of the microlimit and small stakes forums here, for posting hands and getting advice.

You're clearly not just "running bad." You're missing something.

11-07-2005 02:15 PM

Someone mentioned table selection. I don't play online but one day ran across this:

<ul type="square"> Fish List[/list]
It's not for 2/4 but the webmaster welcomes e-mail and might be able to help you find info for that level. Also, there seem to be a number of links and maybe they can lead you in the right direction.

gl

11-07-2005 03:57 PM

Thanks. I do not have anyone to look at my hand histories. What I do is compare my hands using tables in "Small Stakes Hold'em". It seems to be a good exercise in comparing what I did versus what they state one should do. My comparison shows that I am following their guidelines quite well.

11-07-2005 04:06 PM

Thanks. Actually, it is only $10,234. I do not play but one table at a time and I make my decision preflop and compare it to the tables in "Small Stakes Hold'em" prior to actually acting unless it is a very straight decision such as AA, KK, etc. Thanks again.

Nietzsche 11-07-2005 04:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Pocket Aces are winning at an 11% rate.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is when I stopped reading. If this one hadn't slipped in I might actually have believed you.

11-07-2005 04:09 PM

Thanks. I have not heard of these programs, however, I have been told by some players that I am a Tight-Aggressive-Aggressive Player. I guess they were using one of these programs. Where can you get them? Thanks again.

11-07-2005 04:13 PM

Thanks. I do not have anyone to compare my hand histories. Instead, I compare my hand histories to the tables in "Small Stakes Hold'em". Thanks again.

11-07-2005 04:14 PM

Thanks. Like the smell of my money?