Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Going from4 to 8 tables, transition question (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=371359)

jokerthief 11-03-2005 09:04 PM

Re: Going from4 to 8 tables, transition question

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I just want some *very* rough number so I can decide whether to move up or to add tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

+/- 200%

[/ QUOTE ]

cute [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Freudian 11-03-2005 09:12 PM

I went straight from 4 to 8 tables. No big adjustment and no hit to my ROI. What I had to do was to cut out the browsing/watching TV while playing.

valenzuela 11-03-2005 09:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I went straight from 4 to 8 tables. No big adjustment and no hit to my ROI. What I had to do was to cut out the browsing/watching TV while playing.

[/ QUOTE ]
Same here, my only issue is overlap. No I cant buy a bigger monitor.

downtown 11-04-2005 12:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you think that your ROI is lower now that you are used to it than it was when you were 4 tableing? Can you estimate how much it dropped if it did go down? I would be happy with a confidence of only 25% on that number, I just need something rough to aid my decision to move up or play more tables right now.

Thanks a lot for your other comments, they were extremely useful.

[/ QUOTE ]

Play more tables, then move up, while still playing that # of tables. Play 10. It's not as bad as it sounds.

psyduck 11-04-2005 12:30 AM

4, 8, 12 tabling, it's all the same. Just make sure that you have some distractions since you'll be bored unless you're 24-tabling.

I've done 32 before and that was pretty tough. 8 is cake.

SammyKid11 11-04-2005 12:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you think that your ROI is lower now that you are used to it than it was when you were 4 tableing? Can you estimate how much it dropped if it did go down? I would be happy with a confidence of only 25% on that number, I just need something rough to aid my decision to move up or play more tables right now.

Thanks a lot for your other comments, they were extremely useful.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, look - I don't know how much my numbers can possibly mean since I've only been 8-tabling for ~2 weeks. However, my ROI has gone up substantially since I've been 8-tabling. I've been thinking about why -- very possible that I'm just on a nice heater. I also feel like when I'm playing 8 I get just slightly less bored in the early game, minimizing the risk that I'll do something stupid with marginal cards...therefore maximizing the chances that I'll make the late, high-blind game in each tourney -- where, obviously we know, our advantages over other players are at their widest point.

But, then again, maybe I'm just on a heater. I will say, though, that now that I'm used to it, I certainly don't think I play noticeably worse at all. It'll really be up to how you handle the transition in your own personal case, though.

RikaKazak 11-04-2005 01:24 AM

yep, the t.v. is killing me when I 10 table now, but making the band 3 girls NEED to be watched, LOL, btw, 8 tabling is easy.

axeshigh 11-04-2005 01:37 AM

Story time:

I started out at the 55s playing 4 tables. I played 700 in august with a ROI of 22%. The last 250 or so I was so bored that I wasn't even looking at the games while playing: I was browsing the net or chatting. So I bought another monitor to start 8-tabling in september. My ROI went down to 10% over 1000 sngs that month, and 9% over 600 sngs in october.

Now, the 12-13% ROi drop can be due to:

1) playing 8 tables.
2) getting off a heater / starting a downswing
3) the games getting harder
4) me getting worse
5) a combination of these factors

Your pick.

Rough estimate: +/- 15% ROI

TheNoodleMan 11-04-2005 01:39 AM

As others have said, try 6 and see how you feel about it. If you feel rushed, stick with 6 until you are comfortable.
Personally, I played one set of 6 tables and knew right away that I could handle more.
I advise you to get Tweak UI (if you haven't already), you really don't want to be wasting time clicking the same action twice.

Bluff Daddy 11-04-2005 02:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Tweak UI (if you haven't already),

[/ QUOTE ]

whats this