Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   OT: *** Official STTF NYC Get-Together *** (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=370458)

pokerlaw 11-02-2005 03:33 PM

Re: OT: *** Official STTF NYC Get-Together ***

yeah, I voted for all three of the social options. There better be alcohol and if there is poker, thats cool, if not that is fine as well.

citanul 11-02-2005 03:39 PM

we could do something like espn zone, as that allows under 21 people, and has many a football game. i don't know where or what the one in nyc is like, but i'm sure we could get a room or big table or something, booking this far in advance, no? are there other places like that, any other ideas?

11-02-2005 03:44 PM

People (like me) who are under 21 are gonna cause a problem with this.

I feel like there's nothing I'd rather do with a bunch of 2+2ers than play a ton of poker for little $$$$ ($50 NL?) and huge amounts of pride.

nyc999 11-02-2005 03:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
we could do something like espn zone, as that allows under 21 people, and has many a football game. i don't know where or what the one in nyc is like, but i'm sure we could get a room or big table or something, booking this far in advance, no? are there other places like that, any other ideas?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's in Times Square, which is jam-packed on weekends. It's a pretty cool restaurant/bar, but you would need to get there very early to get a good area. I don't think you could reserve a room unless you have a ton of people.

I'll try to think of an alternative on par with ESPN Zone...

sofere 11-02-2005 03:52 PM

There is one in Times Square...its kinda expensive, but its really big (i.e. 3 or 4 floors...one floor is the arcade the other 2-3 are the bar/restaurant area).
Thats the only one I know of in the city

pooh74 11-02-2005 03:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There is one in Times Square...its kinda expensive, but its really big (i.e. 3 or 4 floors...one floor is the arcade the other 2-3 are the bar/restaurant area).
Thats the only one I know of in the city

[/ QUOTE ]

Its the only one...its awful IMO. Although the baseball card collage that makes a picture of Babe Ruth (I think) is something to behold.

mlagoo 11-02-2005 04:01 PM

i'd like to come to this (i live about a four-five hour drive from the city), but i can't do that weekend (it's the weekend before exams). maybe i'll come to the next one.

wuwei 11-02-2005 04:03 PM

You guys should think about holding this event in Minnesota. Just a thought...

durron597 11-02-2005 04:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i'd like to come to this (i live about a four-five hour drive from the city), but i can't do that weekend (it's the weekend before exams). maybe i'll come to the next one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Citanul can't do any of the ones previous to that and after that we start getting into december vacations... if we wait it would have to be like 2nd week of January...

mlagoo 11-02-2005 04:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Citanul can't do any of the ones previous to that and after that we start getting into december vacations... if we wait it would have to be like 2nd week of January...

[/ QUOTE ]

oh its cool, i was just saying that, you know, count me interested for the next one =)