Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Well %&*(^, what to do now? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=369044)

JDErickson 10-31-2005 05:24 PM

Re: Well %&*(^, what to do now?

Rake was not capped yet.

I wonder if a bet hoping the guy is dumb enough to fold is worth it in the thousands of times this happens to me every month.

I bet and he called and he had KK

ErrantNight 10-31-2005 06:25 PM

since there aren't really any party skins anymore... which one are you playing at, out of curiousity, and why? still fishy? still a sweet rakeback deal?

me454555 10-31-2005 06:58 PM

I'd checkraise the turn. Most people will call the turn bet w/PPs and you also make him pay for his 2 outter. Theres no guarantee he'll call your river bet.

The way you played it is fine though, and you just got unlucky. There is nothing wrong w/the line you took and it is definatly a reasonable alternative

RiverDood 10-31-2005 07:22 PM

I like the bet.

Yes, obviously, it's a chop unless there's a fifth 3 in the deck. But the few cents of lost rake by a needless bet/call are inconsequential. And if Villain does fold, it's a Hand for the Ages. It goes into the Poker Hall of Fame.

At low limits, I'm in favor of one or two sub-optimal plays/10,000 hands for sheer entertainment value. This one definitely passes the test.

gh9801 10-31-2005 07:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Party Skin. 2 retardos at table but not involved in this hand. Opponent is decent but a little weak. General table is loose agressive (due to 1 retardo maniac)

I limp with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in EP. 1 limper and villain raises in LMP. Folded to me and I call and other limper calls.

Flop A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Ok WAWB scenario. Limper clears out and I ck call.

Turn 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Glorius turn card. I ck call planning to lead any river card.

River 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Except that card.

What is your play?

[/ QUOTE ]

Preflop fold that crap, Flop/turn I like, River just lead maybe villain will be stupid and fold

JDErickson 10-31-2005 07:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
since there aren't really any party skins anymore... which one are you playing at, out of curiousity, and why? still fishy? still a sweet rakeback deal?

[/ QUOTE ]

You are right. Not a Party skin anymore.

I play at Euro. Honestly my win rate has remained the same. You do have to be willing to play 6 max though as full tables are dead at 1/2, 3/6 and 5/10

Its kind of interesting being the only American at a table also.

JDErickson 10-31-2005 07:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why not lead this flop and turn? I don't get it. I think that's really where you made your biggest mistake.

[/ QUOTE ]

Way ahead way behind scenario. If you are ahead you don't want to scare him off and if behind you lose the least amount possible on a hand you really need to show down.

JDErickson 10-31-2005 07:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Preflop fold that crap

[/ QUOTE ]

Seen this a couple times here. If you aren't playing AXs in any position in a loose game you are missing out on profit.

UVaHoo 10-31-2005 07:59 PM

Those advocating folding: At a typical 5/10 table, which suited aces do you play in EP?

27offsooot 10-31-2005 08:00 PM

Why are u c/c the turn? You're no longer WA/WB, but WA/ tied/ very rarely way behind.

As for the river, who cares? c/r him just to piss him off.