Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Playing suited connectors (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=366564)

bozlax 10-27-2005 12:12 PM

Re: Playing suited connectors

Preflop: I can't imagine any reason for limiting the field. Your hand is crap in a small field.

Flop: You've got insane equity, here. With nobody going anywhere, apparently, I'm 3-betting this every time. If I have a small stroke and don't, I'm certainly capping it when it comes back to me.

Turn: As Miles said, "Duh."

River: Given the way MP3 played the hand, it's entirely possible that he's also on a flush, and if he is it's likely to be better than yours. Of course, given the fact that you've had 6 opponents, you could be forgiven for raising here, not remembering how he played the flop and turn.

Now, not for nothing, but you realize that your "reads" are almost entirely useless, right, whether you include PAF or not? Instead of giving us stats, you can just say, "The table was pretty LAGgish, but I've only been here for a few orbits." Then note anything out of the ordinary that you've noted about any of your opponents.

deception5 10-27-2005 12:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So, Lessons learned:
Should have raised pre-flop

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not a hard and fast rule. Limping is fine.

car ramrod 10-27-2005 12:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So, Lessons learned:
Should have raised pre-flop

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is not a hard and fast rule. Limping is fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed.

And if you are raising make sure you know why, it's not to limit teh field.

Nikademus 10-27-2005 12:41 PM

Right. My friend was insisting I raise to limit the field, which I disagreed with. However, I now see the value of raising pre-flop and capping on the flop, simply to increase the pot.

deception5 10-27-2005 12:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Right. My friend was insisting I raise to limit the field, which I disagreed with. However, I now see the value of raising pre-flop and capping on the flop, simply to increase the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your equity is quite a bit higher on the flop than preflop.

Nikademus 10-27-2005 12:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Now, not for nothing, but you realize that your "reads" are almost entirely useless, right, whether you include PAF or not? Instead of giving us stats, you can just say, "The table was pretty LAGgish, but I've only been here for a few orbits." Then note anything out of the ordinary that you've noted about any of your opponents.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks, still getting used to what information is useful here. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

10-27-2005 12:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think 87s is good enough to raise here preflop unless the table is really loose passive.

10-27-2005 12:58 PM

Preflop is perfect. Raising here to "limit the field" is stupid. You want a huge un-raised field with this holding.

I like 3-betting the flop here. Build the pot.

Just call on the river. You no longer have the nuts, yet with 5 people seeing the showdown, you are probably ahead of 3 of them. Go for the overcalls.

lautzutao 10-27-2005 01:07 PM

Shoulda capped the flop. Your equity is larger than most everyone's here with a flush and straight draw. You want as much dead money in the pot as possible so raise raise raise.

The river you want to get as many overcalls as possible. If you raise here, not only do you risk knocking these players out, but you also risk getting 3-bet by the initial better. Calling here is win/win...unless you lose [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

bozlax 10-27-2005 01:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks, still getting used to what information is useful here. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

No worries, it can take some time. By the way, you probably should try to limit the number of hands you're posting. Looks to me like you're going through a bad run...don't drag us all into it.

Just because you lost doesn't mean you played badly. Try to make sure there's some specific, pertinent question about strategy involved in the hands you post.

Also, if you find yourself at the converter for the 3rd time in 2 hours, you're posting too many hands. Try to keep it to 2 (preferably 1) a day, and spend more time looking at and respnding to other people's posts. You learn more that way.