Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   WF (wrong forum) - Mice (mouses) (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=365612)

tigerite 10-26-2005 08:29 AM

Re: WF (wrong forum) - Mice (mouses)

[ QUOTE ]
wireless logitech mouse.

[/ QUOTE ]

and

[ QUOTE ]
Keyboard hacks

[/ QUOTE ]

A bit of both, really.

OrcaDK 10-26-2005 08:48 AM

Using the keyboard, using a mouse just requires far too much work.

TheTROLL 10-26-2005 09:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
wrist problems are really killing me. I wish I could switch hands but i don't think I could move it fast enough and with enough accuracy.

[/ QUOTE ]

You'd be surprised how quickly you can learn to use the other hand for this. Just switch it over when you're doing non-critical stuff for a few days and you'll be as good with either hand.

Nicholasp27 10-26-2005 09:33 AM

i like using my tabletPC in tablet mode...but it's only 1024x768, so only 2-tabling with it

u could buy a Wacom graphics tablet for your computer and use it to play poker

microbet 10-26-2005 01:52 PM

I found another alternative. There is a foot mouse. It is over $300 though and probably just for people who are in serious pain. I just occasionally have a little and am looking for ways to prevent problems.

I think touch screen would be very hard on your arm and shoulders unless it was a tablet and then hard to get a lot of tables. Some people who multitable and have keyboard hacks have complained about more misclicks as sometimes the focus changes right before you are going to click something.

There is such a thing as a gyroscopic mouse. There are also little handheld trackballs. Those two solutions will let you stand up and move around too. I have a projector, but it doesn't have 1600x1200. How does walking around with a hand held mouse playing on a huge projection sound?

tigerite 10-26-2005 01:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Some people who multitable and have keyboard hacks have complained about more misclicks as sometimes the focus changes right before you are going to click something.

[/ QUOTE ]

So true. But I do manage to keep them to a bare minimum. Still I'm hoping Orca will fix that part of MTH a little better [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

10-26-2005 01:57 PM

How big of a problem is this for you guys? How many hours per day are you playing?

pooh74 10-26-2005 01:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

You'd be surprised how quickly you can learn to use the other hand for this.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

microbet 10-26-2005 02:31 PM

It's not a huge problem for me, but I don't want it to become one. I only play a couple hours a day max, but I use the computer a lot at work too and I just started lifting weights a little and that can be hard on the wrists too.

I can mouse ok with either hand, but I think I'm gonna get something else too. A trackball is the favorite at the moment and maybe a handheld one.

downtown 10-26-2005 02:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

You'd be surprised how quickly you can learn to use the other hand for this.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

[/ QUOTE ]