Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   GG Steve Danneman (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=365529)

PartySNGer 10-26-2005 03:24 AM

Re: GG Steve Danneman

Well, hopefully ESPN really portrays this guy as just your average home game player. It could be great for poker if idiots in home games see this guy and think they can be a winning player.

WhiskyRiver 10-26-2005 03:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The dude may or may not be a "donkey", but one thing is for sure: he's a dickhead.

Way to look like a douche on national TV.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was on the phone during this part and it was on mute, what did he actually say?

10-26-2005 04:02 AM

after norm and lon go on for a couple of minutes about the guys who wanna butt heads with the pros to tell their buddies a great story, he leaves the table, calls a friend and says "man I popped him back with NOTHING. And he just folded"

I think he said more, but thats the gist.

protocol 10-26-2005 05:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
He's not a donkey.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, he doesn't know the difference between a "raise" and a "reraise", so I disagree.

siccjay 10-26-2005 06:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah it was a full house but it was tens full on a AAT board (first hand).

[/ QUOTE ]

What exactly are you trying to say?

blumpkin22 10-26-2005 08:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah it was a full house but it was tens full on a AAT board (first hand).

[/ QUOTE ]

What exactly are you trying to say?

[/ QUOTE ]

He's obviously saying that Hudson was a fu[/i]cking moron for not folding. Duh. Such an easy laydown.

lonn19 10-26-2005 09:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Well, he doesn't know the difference between a "raise" and a "reraise", so I disagree.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you, someone else noticed that. I hate when people make the first raise of a round and say "reraise". Friends I play with do this. They also call a bet by the first to act, a raise. They don't know there is a difference between a bet and raise.

RoyalLance 10-26-2005 09:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I thought it was really funny how he was on his phone like a little kid about Lederer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lederer Should have emptied out that dude'd pockets just for that.

cracker9521 10-26-2005 09:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I remember reading an article where Danneman admitted to being only 4th best player in his regular home game. Doesn't sound that great to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm guessing he took that from Amarillo Slim's biography where he likes to act like a fish and say he is the "fourth best player in his game in (insert small town name here) Texas." I'm not defending his play one way or the other but it really just seems like he got that quote from the book.

lonn19 10-26-2005 09:30 AM

Danneman said, " I just popped it 30,000 and he folded. He looks like his dog was just shot."