Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Selig a Fool (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=365487)

JayLear 10-26-2005 07:19 PM

Re: Selig a Fool

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
After the fine job he did with the Brewers, he was an obvious candidate for commissioner.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well he did move them to the NL, so we now have 16 NL teams and 14 AL teams, 4 divisions with 5 teams, and 1 with 4 and another with 6. The guy's a genius when it comes to competitive balance.

[/ QUOTE ]
I hope you see why it can't be even.

JayLear 10-26-2005 07:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He orders the roof open??? What a freakin idiot. Why is he sticking his nose in things? There are a lot of factors that give a team a homefield advantage. I would be pissed if I was an Astros fan.

[/ QUOTE ]
Think about it though. It gives you another excuse as to why the Astros aren't going to win the Series, other than the reality that they happen to be playing a better team.

As a White Sox fan, I hated this decision. It makes no difference whatsoever in the grand scheme, and just gives more fuel to the, "Poor Me" fire.

MonkeeMan 10-26-2005 07:28 PM

He did it to line their pockets, plain and simple.

jstnrgrs 10-26-2005 07:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Well he did move them to the NL, so we now have 16 NL teams and 14 AL teams, 4 divisions with 5 teams, and 1 with 4 and another with 6. The guy's a genius when it comes to competitive balance.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do agree with everyone's opinions regarding Selig but the reasons for the NL and AL not both having 15 teams is for scheduling purposes. Otherwise they would have to play interleague all year.

[/ QUOTE ]
[sarcasm] Oh no! That would be horrible to have interleague play all year! [/sarcasm]

jstnrgrs 10-26-2005 07:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He orders the roof open??? What a freakin idiot. Why is he sticking his nose in things? There are a lot of factors that give a team a homefield advantage. I would be pissed if I was an Astros fan.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that the tule should be that if weather permits, then the roof must be open. But this should be the rule all year.

I think it is rediculus to take the decision out of the astros hands when it has been their decision all year. Still, this is no excuse for the Astros to loose.

wh1t3bread 10-26-2005 07:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[sarcasm] Oh no! That would be horrible to have interleague play all year! [/sarcasm]

[/ QUOTE ]

You obviously have no idea how interleague works and the reasons behind it.

JayLear 10-26-2005 08:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He did it to line their pockets, plain and simple.

[/ QUOTE ]
The nerve of those animals to try and turn a profit from the $500 million dollar businesses.

RacersEdge 10-26-2005 08:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that the tule should be that if weather permits, then the roof must be open. But this should be the rule all year.

I think it is rediculus to take the decision out of the astros hands when it has been their decision all year. Still, this is no excuse for the Astros to loose.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who knows? A dome stadium in football can almost be guaranteed to get cause the opposition a couple false starts. If the roof had been closed, maybe it boosts Oswalt in that 5th inning or affects the Sox - and maybe they don't score 5. A definite possibility.

jstnrgrs 10-26-2005 09:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You obviously have no idea how interleague works and the reasons behind it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe that it works by having teams from different leagues play against each other (correct me if I am wrong). I'm sure that the reason behind it is to hype up games between teams that rarely play, but I would rather have unhyped interleague games than uneven divisons (it certainly wouldn't be terrible).

JimRivett 10-26-2005 11:46 PM

All that is wrong with baseball can be summed up in two words - Bud Selig.