Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Blue/White/Red: the movies (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=365191)

RunDownHouse 10-25-2005 03:28 PM

Re: Blue/White/Red: the movies

[ QUOTE ]
Oh... and if anyone sees something I should definately see thats not on the above list... let me know.

[/ QUOTE ]
For some reason Goodbye Lenin always seems to get missed by people that have otherwise solid selections of foreign films. Its a really excellent movie, and won numerous awards at the Berlin International Film Festival, European Film Awards, German Film Awards, and many more.

IMDb link

10-25-2005 03:29 PM

If you havent watched Fellini youre missing out bigtime. Brilliant director. I'm also a pretty big Godard fan, and on a completely different note Argento is the man.

SL__72 10-25-2005 03:46 PM

Yeah this movie has been on my Netflix queue forever, I just haven't gotten around to watching it.

Das Experiment is on my queue... but down near the bottom (#340 something) I'll have to move it up if I ever wanna see it.

mslif 10-25-2005 03:50 PM

Best money you'll ever spend. Red is the best IMO. Juliette Binoche is one of favorite actress. In Three Colors, everything leads to, or away from, human connection.

flatline 10-25-2005 03:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Oh... and if anyone sees something I should definately see thats not on the above list... let me know.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seven Samaurai of course. I imagine you've already seen this, though, and just didn't rate it.

I really dug Brotherhood of the Wolf, really unique french action movie.

Also, Amores Perros(sp?), awesome movie by the director of 21 Grams.

mslif 10-25-2005 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Seven Samaurai of course. I imagine you've already seen this, though, and just didn't rate it.

I really dug Brotherhood of the Wolf, really unique french action movie.

Also, Amores Perros(sp?), awesome movie by the director of 21 Grams.

[/ QUOTE ]

Brotherhood of the wolf was an awesome movie. Monica Belluci is just amazing...

SL__72 10-25-2005 04:07 PM

Yeah, I've seen both Seven Samaurai and Brotherhood of the Wolf. Both are great films. I just recently moved Amores Perros into the top-10 of my queue, but I didn't know it was the same director as 21 Grams so... moving it up to #3.

Oh and to the person who suggested Fellini, which should I watch? I've seen Amacord and wasn't particularily impressed (not bad, just not great).

As for other Kieslowski movies, The Decalogue is supposed to be very good... Its like 10 1-hour films, one for each commandment. Haven't begun watching them yet but 1-3 (disc 1) is #2 on my list.

diebitter 10-25-2005 04:10 PM

Virgin Spring
Seventh Seal
Rashomon
La Haine
Man Bites Dog
Betty Blue
Tin Drum
Violent Cop
Kung Fu Hustle
Chinese Ghost Story
The Killer
Hard Boiled

private joker 10-25-2005 04:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Red is the best IMO. Juliette Binoche is one of favorite actress.

[/ QUOTE ]

Juliette Binoche is in "Blue." It's Irene Jacob in "Red."

And "Blue" is by far the best -- if you only have time to watch one, watch Binoche's. It's amazing.

RunDownHouse 10-25-2005 04:14 PM

Well, I've been convinced. All three are on their way. Nine movies for $35 isn't bad, thanks again to whomever linked that deal from slickdeals.